Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Remaining Eagles honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

Default Re: Remaining Eagles to honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Not sure where to put this, but Rolling Stone has an article on the Grammys:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/fe...0160216?page=2

"The Eagles paid a very unsentimental deadpan tribute to Glenn Frey with "Take It Easy" with Jackson Browne, though nobody can step to Joe Walsh, who might be the Grammys' favorite person. (Who can forget him jamming with Paul McCartney to Side Two of Abbey Road in 2012?)"

Really? This is all they can say?
    Wow. Just saw this.

I may not have liked the transitioning around it but you can't fault the Eagles or call their performance "unsentimental deadpan." They were doing their best and I found it very moving.

Unreal.

On another note, I just listened to "Drivin' Wheel", Glenn's duet with BB King. Who could have imagined they would die the same year, and be posthumously honored in the same Grammy show?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

okay. I will say it

Don Felder can go suck an egg

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

I thought they did a great job. Poor Jackson Browne looked like he was about to lose it. I can't blame him because I completely lost it. As soon as I saw them on stage without Glenn, I burst into tears. There was something missing in the Eagles without him there and it just wasn't the same. But they gave it their all. They didn't seem like themselves though, especially Joe. I don't think they knew what to do with themselves without their fearless leader.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

I know. It must have been so hard for them to look at where he used to stand and not see him there, singing his heart out, then finishing it up with a big smile on his face.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MysticLady77 View Post
    I wanted to wait until today to gather my thoughts about last night. The GRAMMYs in whole is so commercially driven, it doesn't reflect true musician talent. They go for what is cool at the moment. A very shallow overview. That is why I stopped watching years ago. I did watch The GRAMMYs last night though and felt they rushed the Eagles tribute to Glenn. I saw how painful it was for Don Henley and the band. My heart broke for Jackson Browne who was trying his best to get through the performance. I was wondering what they saw from the audience. A bunch of young, self absorbed kids who could care less how hard it was for the Eagles to play without Glenn. Well, the Kennedy Honors will be coming this year and maybe the band can be able to show a deserving tribute to Glenn Frey. I was so proud of the Eagles for their love and courage last night. They didn't do anything wrong.
    I agree with this, especially, but I hope not in heart of hearts, looking out into that audience and seeing indifference....Also with regards to KCHonors, that was my first thought when I heard Glenn passed, wow, he didn't even get to go to KCH, the pinnacle of an artist's career.

they should have used the clip where Glenn was saying

" I realize now that there are adult RockStars-you don't have to give this up when you are 30, 35 or 40. I'll always make music. I gotta do it"

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Oh man... I just caught all this too. Rolling Stone. Smh.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I wish there was some way to know who really planned it out. Did the guys want it this way or was it the way the producers wanted it? Did tv cut off some of it or maybe that was all the guys could handle? You know how are guys are very close mouthed about everything. Glenn's picture came on first and it ended with his picture.....which is fitting, and just makes me wonder.....
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Until Henley comes out and says he was "angry and upset" even "miserable". I think we should stop projecting our feelings on what we saw at the grammys. Henley to me didnt look much different then usual. I can even agree with upset, because of the emotional moment, but angry? Miserable? I dont see him angry in the video. Yet i keep reading that over and over here. Theres to much projection going on here. Maybe if Henley was a little friendlier with his fans and communicate with them we would know, but knowing him, we will never know for sure.
    Last edited by OutlawManNJ; 02-17-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I think this perhaps sums up the debacle of this year's Grammies quite well:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-1...rparty/7175148
    I don't understand why Sir Paul McCartney would even want to hang out with no-talent as$clowns like Tyga and Bow Wow. Surely he has better things to do. That bouncer did the McCartneys a favor.