Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Remaining Eagles honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Remaining Eagles to honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    Really? You are bothered by me calling him by his name? His name is not Henley? There are two Dons and I dont really want to type full names.
    And you just pick up on this point and ignore the main point of my post. ...
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    I admire Jackson a lot more now. I think he did an awesome job and he was the right man to do it. people were getting on him cause he messed up some of the lyrics HELLO? the man just lost someone very important to him and he had to go and put on a brave face and push through. Like they all did. They are professional musicians. Even they are allowed the occasional screw up.

Maybe I should tell those Facebook haters this too. Lol
    YES Jackson is great and he obviously knows the lyrics, as someone posted above, as he wrote it! People are so nasty sometimes.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Absolutely. So true.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post

You actually believe that the only reason we think that Henley looks angry, upset, and miserable is because we are? That's completely absurd. Those emotions were written all over his face.
    Ever lost a brother? Angry, upset, and miserable is just the tip of the iceberg. It's called grief and it is entirely justified.
    Again, i dont think Henley looks angry, upset or miserable. Find me one video of henley being all smiles while drumming. If Henley thought he would be miserable doing that show he probably wouldnt have done it. Of course he was probably upset about Glenn...but please tell me what he was angry about. Just facts please. There is no evidence that he was angry with CBS or the grammies or whatever other than opinions here based on zero facts.

Again, i dont think Henley looks angry, upset or miserable. Find me one video of henley being all smiles while drumming. If Henley thought he would be miserable doing that show he probably wouldnt have done it. Of course he was probably upset about Glenn...but please tell me what he was angry about. Just facts please. There is no evidence that he was angry with CBS or the grammies or whatever other than opinions here based on zero facts.
    There are a few videos on YouTube where you can see Henley having a good time drumming. One that immediately comes to mind is when they play "Rocky Mountain Way" from the '77 concert, Henley can be seen smiling. For a more recent one I'd have to watch some.

Stuck on the Border

There were a couple of posts where some said that they thought Don Henley looked 'angry'. My own expression was 'stony faced'. With grief.

I don't know why this has suddenly become such an issue.

Default Re: Remaining Eagles to honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Award

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    That's kind of what I was thinking. It is just my perception of what I saw. Is this not a place to share opinions and perceptions? Of course it is. I didn't mean it as a slight to Henley at all.
    We are having a communication breakdown:

my "complaint" about people repeatedly saying Henley was angry or miserable isnt because i think people are slighting Henley....its because i think there is zero basis of fact to say Henley was angry at anything. It seems like people are indicaticating that because of the grammys somewhat passé handling of Freys death compared to motorhead guy and bowie and bb...people have jumped to the conclusion that Henley is angry. I just dont see any evidence of him being angry...he was probably just generally saddened for the reason that they were even there. Until Henley makes a statement (dont hold your breath) its best we stick to the facts we know and we know he was sad...not angry.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Remaining Eagles to honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Award

We are having a communication breakdown:

my "complaint" about people repeatedly saying Henley was angry or miserable isnt because i think people are slighting Henley....its because i think there is zero basis of fact to say Henley was angry at anything. It seems like people are indicaticating that because of the grammys somewhat passé handling of Freys death compared to motorhead guy and bowie and bb...people have jumped to the conclusion that Henley is angry. I just dont see any evidence of him being angry...he was probably just generally saddened for the reason that they were even there. Until Henley makes a statement (dont hold your breath) its best we stick to the facts we know and we know he was sad...not angry.
    Yes. I think you have made your point.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Except that we don't have any facts that he wasn't angry either. None of us know what Don was feeling inside so all we have to go on are our perceptions. I'm not sure how it is that one person's perception is any more factual than another's. It's really a rather ridiculous discussion that only one person here seems to want to make an issue of. So OLMNJ, if you are really that interested in knowing how Don felt, I suggest you "get in touch with henleys people and see if we can get a statement from him". Otherwise, let's drop it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

So, I just went backed and watched this for the 3rd or 4th time after a couple of days and lots of reading of comments, and here's what I noticed, when not focusing on technical production mess-ups:

The crowd gave the guys a lovely welcome when the curtain went up - keep in mind this was an "in memoriam," so there wasn't going to be raucous screaming. The visual of those guys up there without Glenn would more likely lead to silence, not whooping - it's a real punch in the gut.

During the crowd shots, I see the individuals singing along and boppin' along. They gave a heartfelt, robustly clapping standing ovation. When they realized there would be further action on stage, they remained standing. I'm not sure what more we were expecting from the audience, but upon further viewing, they seemed totally appropriate.

Even though the guys rehearsed, the performance must have been totally surreal for them.

I did not hear or see Henley dropping out of the harmonies as I've read somewhere, Jackson did - he was letting the other 5 make the harmonies.