Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Remaining Eagles honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Remaining Eagles to honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    I've got a few words for Rolling Stone that I can't write on this board!!! Ridiculous!
    They've always been clueless.

At this point, with all the little things that could've gone better, to the media attention, to Felder's comments, I've turned so bitter and cynical about this whole thing. My Twitter is a hot mess right now. I know it's not any one person's fault, but... I don't know about you, but what I first thought was a pretty good tribute has gotten way more disappointing over the past ~18 hours. :/
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Out on the Border

I was really shocked to see respectful introductions, short eulogies for everyone, except Glenn? Also, I've seen tons of interviews with Glenn, know how to get my hands on them, etc. and these producers select one where he's not even speaking a complete sentence? This man was extremely articulate and thoughtful about songwriting and music. And could do it succinctly too. The lack of care really speaks to where the music industry is these days. Even if Eagles approved the "cold start" video and then the song, it's likely because they were told they only had 3 minutes and 30 seconds.

Now some would say the Grammys are put together months ahead of time, yada yada...but those directors and producers are well paid to deal with last-minute issues and changes...When Scalia (Supreme Court justice in the U.S.) died suddenly on Saturday, no one at CNN was saying "ohhhh can someone give us a month and a half to put something together?" Are you kidding me? I'm shocked no one gave a darn to tell "musician" Johnny Depp and Alice Cooper to cut the Lemmy tribute to one song because you know they did two, one wasn't even a Lemmy song - it was their own song. That would've opened a few precious minutes for a Glenn introduction.

This shows the music industry has no interest in promoting or preserving rock anymore. It not for Grohl's influence, I'm totally certain the Lemmy tribute wouldn't've happened. Today, they only care about pleasing pop, rap, and dance music fans.

Right!

What was th clip that they picked for Glenn all about...Im not sure after 2 viewing I know what he was saying. Careless choice. AND THEY SHOULD have shown old photos in the back while the band played. ZERO research on the Grammy part.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

All that I could tell from the interview clip was that it was from the bonus interview on the Farewell 1 dvd. I couldn't understand what he was saying, though.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

And I heard this morning on the Today Show that GaGa's tribute to Bowie took over 6 minutes and there was still time left........
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Do ya'll think this will intensify the desire for the remaining Eagles to do a public memorial concert for Glenn or totally squelch the idea? They probably want to give it some time. Maybe they'll do something in the summer, or for the 40th anniversary of Hotel California.

In the clip that was showing on Glenn, he was actually describing Don. This was when the guys were describing each other in the bonus interview of the Farewell 1 DVD. Glenn was describing Don not a song. This was what Glenn was saying before, "Don is our chief vocalist and our chief lyricist." Timothy then says, "He's a great poet and a great singer." Glenn then says, "He just love singing with other people." Then Glenn goes into what he was saying in the clip."

Oh OK, thank you. I thought Glenn was describing how fun it is to sing harmony.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    In the clip that was showing on Glenn, he was actually describing Don. This was when the guys were describing each other in the bonus interview of the Farewell 1 DVD. Glenn was describing Don not a song. This was what Glenn was saying before, "Don is our chief vocalist and our chief lyricist." Timothy then says, "He's a great poet and a great singer." Glenn then says, "He just love singing with other people." Then Glenn goes into what he was saying in the clip."
    Why when the tribute was about Glenn did they show him talking about Don?
    The 'singing with other people' part is 'I love singing with other people' & then he talks about harmonising. At least that is what I remember from F1.

OK. I have looked at Felder's post, because TF commented on it so it's at the top of my newsfeed. He says:

I would have been honored to have joined The Eagles last night for the Glenn Frey Tribute at the Grammys but sadly I was not invited.

The man is now utterly beneath contempt.He needs to be told to stop it, now.
    Regarding Jackson Browne I realise it was hard for him, but it can't be denied that he messed up some of the lyrics.It was very hard to watch because of that. He looked as if he was crying.

How could RS say both that the performance was one of the best moments of the show & also say that it was 'deadpan'? What did they expect? In fact it wasn't deadpan. It was heartbreaking.Glenn's face should have been behind them for the entire song.