Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Remaining Eagles honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

Default Re: Remaining Eagles to honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

Its really hard to hear if he was describing having fun with singing harmonies on songs or having fun singing harmonies with Don. I listen to that clip a few times just a minute ago. It could be either.

I had to bring out my DVD to see what Glenn was really saying leading into that clip. I knew it was when he was describing Don, but I had to remembered where it was.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Its really hard to hear if he was describing having fun with singing harmonies on songs or having fun singing harmonies with Don. I listen to that clip a few times just a minute ago. It could be either.

I had to bring out my DVD to see what Glenn was really saying leading into that clip. I knew it was when he was describing Don, but I had to remembered where it was.
    Sorry Shun. I know that interview well & that part has nothing to do with Don. He was talking about how he, Glenn, loves singing harmonies.

Out on the Border

Thanks Shunlvswx and Night MistBlue. I will double check that tonight because I have the Melbourne set. On TV, it was jarring and it seemed to me the sound wasn't the best. And wasn't edited well. They should've found a better soundbite from Glenn.

Anyway, they played well, Jackson appeared very emotional as if he'd been crying, Don was a little bit stoic as a lot of fellows get to keep from being emotional. I think Bernie was great with the solo and of course, the banjoing in the original.

I was just watching the clip from the Grammys again. I just notice Joe singing/mouthing the line such a fine sight to see. Makes me think of how Glenn always mouthing the words along with whoever is singing lead.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm glad that most of what I'm seeing of reaction has been positive and I'm going by my actual family and friends, my online friends, and the celebs I follow on Twitter and FB, so that's what matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Sorry Shun. I know that interview well & that part has nothing to do with Don. He was talking about how he, Glenn, loves singing harmonies.
    IMO. I think the edit was bad during that part of the interview on the DVD. When you think about it. You don't know if he was still talking about Don or how he enjoyed singing harmonies with the guys. It was cool what he was saying, but I think I always confused for years about that part. I think the people at the Grammys should added that part, "just love singing with other people." Heck they probably did had that in the clip, but we didn't hear it since they had to cut into the tribute very fast.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    IMO. I think the edit was bad during that part of the interview on the DVD. When you think about it. You don't know if he was still talking about Don or how he enjoyed singing harmonies with the guys. It was cool what he was saying, but I think I always confused for years about that part. I think the people at the Grammys should added that part, "just love singing with other people." Heck they probably did had that in the clip, but we didn't hear it since they had to cut into the tribute very fast.
    Again I have to say, it never confused me. He says 'with other people'. He isn't talking about Don specifically there. I'm sorry but I'm not continuing with this.

Stuck on the Border

I think this perhaps sums up the debacle of this year's Grammies quite well:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-1...rparty/7175148

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

That's wrong on so many levels!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Thanks, FP. I was just about to post this as a point regarding my previous missive that there may have been some folks who had no idea who Glenn was. Let's also not forget that some thought Kanye West was introducing the "Old guy" Paul McCartney to the world when they collaborated.