Default Re: Remaining Eagles to honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    He hollered "Sing it!" a couple times.
    Joe did?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

They all seemed to realize that this really IS The End. I have so much respect for their strength and courage to honor their dear friend even though they were clearly distraught. We all know that some of the voices have changed over the years. But, Glenn & Don have always been the foundation of their sound, and that can never be replaced! I hope he knows how much he is loved and dearly missed! What an impact he made on our hearts and his legacy will always live on! Thankful I was blessed to see them in concert and witness pure perfection in my lifetime! <3 :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Joe did?
    Yes, Joe. At least, I thought it was Joe.... But I was crying, so maybe I heard wrong.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Yeah - I was hoping since Irving was honored, they would introduce him and then he would say a few words and then introduce the band. But, in a way, it was poignant and vintage Eagles, so maybe that's the way they want it.

I broke down as soon as the video of Glenn came on. It just felt so wrong even though I knew I wasn't going to feel good about it.

They all looked so solemn, and poor Don looked downright distraught.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    It was too rushed. No intro or comments whatsoever. They didn't even mention Glenn's name, at least on camera.
    I was so mad. That was horrible. All these punks get more introductions and they cut off part of Glenns speaking and then didn't even let them say anything.

Grr. I am so mad.

It looked like our Eagles had such a hard time getting through that. Every one of them looked like they were crying or had been crying.

Man that was rough, not performance but to see not Glenn there. I think Jackson choked up and that's why he flubbed the lyrics. The whole time I thought Jackson was going to break down, Timothy looked like he would, and Don just looked like he wasn't there. I do appreciate Joe's "sing it" comment and trying to bring everyone up. It was great seeing Bernie play the solo, if I remember correctly Joe's did it during the HOTE Tour. Overall I think it should've been longer, maybe another song or a medley but I'll take what I get. I'm just grateful to have seen them.

Really sad to look at their faces and hear them sing that song, maybe one of the final times. Too short, but they did look distraught. Don left the stage momentarily as soon as the song ended.

I enjoyed it, but I agree it did seem a little rushed. My heart aches so bad for them, especially Don and Jackson, who seemed like they were about to break down at any second (especially Jackson in this regard ). Man, I really thought I was gonna cry, but I can't at this point. I'm just numb now, I guess.

Someone fly me out to LA... I was saying this on Twitter, but I need to give them all hugs immediately.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

This will probably be taken down soon, but if you want to watch it again:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztpfvP47KKA[/ame]

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I thought I heard somebody say something. I would be mad too. It would be nice if they had say something or maybe that's how they wanted it. We don't know. Don looked like he was kinda pissed back there.

Onto the guys. The guys looked great. Joe looked like he got his hair cut. Only Steuart was there from the backup band. Don got his hair dyed. It looks nice. Did Joe say something before the second verse. I thought I heard his voice. It was good to see Bernie even though I knew he was going to be there. It was weird to see Joe playing the acoustic guitar on Take It Easy when he's usually on electric guitar.

Other than that pathetic no intro to introduce the guys, it was a good performance. I kinda couldn't hear Don at all when he was harmonize and usually you can hear him on that song. I don't know if Jackson forgot the words or got choked up. I think he got choked up a few times. I started to cry a little when I saw Glenn pop up on my screen unexpected since I didn't know they were next.

The guys just looked soo sad, but they tried their best to get through the song. I just wanted to hug them.

I don't know if this will be the last time we will see the guys together, but I hope we have a better closer.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 02-15-2016 at 11:45 PM.