Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Remaining Eagles honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

Default Re: Remaining Eagles to honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

I pray to God they do some kind of tribute concert for him at some point. That is so unworthy of being their last performance, at the mercy of the Grammys' ruthless timetable. The Grammys just wanted to hurry up and get to their 20 minutes of commercials.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Such a lame transition to the Eagles - they cut off that poor lady who won for song of the year, before she could say a word! They guy before her didn't speak TOO long, I didn't think. Did they remove her bodily from the stage? And then Glenn's video came in part way through, it seemed...ugh!!

There is a reason the Eagles harmonies are famous, and that is because their voices blend together perfectly. I think Don, Tim, Joe, Bernie and Steuart could have pulled off a good rendition. Sadly, add a random person singing lead and it is no good. Obviously Jackson is not random, but I mean add ANYONE singing lead, with the Eagles singing backup, and it won't sound great. I didn't notice he was choked up, but I have it recorded so I can watch it as many times as I want.

Timothy was turned WAY up on "Standin' on a corner..." at least that was nice. You can see he's singing with Glenn, but they turn him way down. Sigh....I miss Glenn. This is awful.

Handing them a grammy for HC is stupid.

Maurice White, Bowie, BB King... they're all getting nice intros. This couldn't be done for Glenn??

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Don seemed almost angry to me.
    I had said in my early post that he looked pissed off. Like he wasn't happy about something that went on before they went on stage. It was like Don was going lose it.

Border Rebel

This was the sloppiest most inane Grammy Awards ceremony ever! I've watched these ridiculous award shows time and time again hoping to catch something worthwhile to hear as I don't keep a close tab on any new music. After watching everything until the Glenn Frey tribute, I was pretty much out of patience by the time it finally came on.

And it was a total mess. The beginning editing was terrible and the whole thing didn't get anywhere near the respect that it deserved. Kudos to Jackson, Don, Bernie, Timothy and Joe for keeping it together and for the obviously pained performance. Jackson did fine, but from the very beginning it was so weird hearing him with the band instead of Glenn. It just struck me as being all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Maurice White, Bowie, BB King... they're all getting nice intros. This couldn't be done for Glenn??
    TOTALLY AGREE

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Joe did?
    It was Jackson the second time. I'm afraid that Jackson really struggled with the song, but you could tell how upset he was. As for Don, I don't think I've ever seen him so stony-faced.

Thanks to all of you who sat through this. I'm afraid that I am not surprised at all, not at all, that this is how it turned out.

Those audience shots at the end... it was like they didn't even know what the tribute was for.

The whole thing was just wrong...way wrong. I don't want to take anything away from the guys - they were there to pay tribute to their friend. All day long I felt uneasy about watching, but I didn't expect to be disappointed.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

I agree that they could have done things much, much better. I would've loved an intro like BB King and Bowie got. Hopefully we do get a little something else that could be a more fitting "end" to things. I hate using that term

If I could go slightly off-topic here for a moment, I hate seeing people on certain Facebook pages taking this opportunity to bash the Grammys not only for not doing a better job with the tribute, but for having so much "modern music" instead, especially rap and hip hop like Kendrick Lamar. Like it or not, this is what people consume these days. It makes me so mad that people are so insensitive about modern music. Sure, a lot of it is vapid and mass produced and offensive, but there's a lot that is meaningful and beautiful, just like the Eagles' tunes were and still are. The times, they are a-changin', people!

...Had to, for a second. Sorry. Back to Glenn, rightfully!
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

I have two things to say:

1. What an emotional but wonderful performance. I was keeping it together until his picture came on the screen at the end and then I lost it and started crying, the most I have since his passing. It hit me like a ton of bricks.

2. I want to know who's idea it was to "rush" the tribute through without a proper introduction and allowing the band to say something. If they (the band) didn't want to, that's fine. But I feel the lack of introduction is squarely on the shoulders of the people at the Grammys. You can give Ariana whoever (just one of many examples) as long as she wants because it's good for ratings because young people like her, but they can't properly give enough time to recognize an icon, hero, and REAL musician. I'm beyond mad. How disrespectful.

I feel for all of you tonight, and I echo your sentiments.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."