Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Remaining Eagles honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

Default Re: Remaining Eagles to honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

me too!

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Did anyone see Don Felder's Facebook post? If not head on over. I was deathly afraid that was going to happen.

yep its on his facebook and twitter. i feel bad but at the same time it wasnt about the eagles, it was about glenn. and him and felder werent on the best of terms

i was able to find another shot of them getting the grammy for hotel!

I'm just shaking my head. I couldn't read the comments. Don was NOT going to (and probably never)invite Felder to perform with them especially after what he has done to himself and Glenn for 15 years. Sometimes I wonder about Felder.

I'm going to quote what Don said about the Eagles ever getting back together. When hell freezes over. Hell will freeze over again for Felder to ever perform with the guys.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 02-16-2016 at 02:02 PM.

That's a cute pic!

As for Felder's posts... yeah, had a feeling that was gonna happen. :/ Is he ever gonna stop being bitter?
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by timothyswife View Post
    yep its on his facebook and twitter. i feel bad but at the same time it wasnt about the eagles, it was about glenn. and him and felder werent on the best of terms
    Yeah. It must have been deeper than I thought...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well no matter what you feel about last night's performance, I think it's fair to say that it was a very difficult time for the band and Eagles fans. So, it doesn't surprise me that everyone is venting now. But, with emotions running high, let's try to be civil to one another here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Well, it looks like everyone feels like I did about the whole thing last night. I'm so sorry for the guys and JB. They tried. They all looked very distraught but they gave it their all. Poor Jackson messing up on the lyrics too.

I agree they should have had an introduction, but maybe that's the way they wanted it. Glenn in the beginning and the end. Comparing it to the other tributes though, it wasn't enough. I feel kind of empty too. I hope we, the fans, get something else....
    This is pretty much how I feel. I never ever expected that any of the band members would speak - I thought there was a remote chance Irving may say something, but he looked pretty distraught when they panned to him in the audience. I'm wondering if it would have been better to recognize Irving before the band came out and use that as a segue to the performance. As far as Don, all I can say is when I look in his eyes in those pictures, what I see is intense pain and sadness - not anger.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. My post must have been confusing - when I said THEY I certainly did not mean the Eagles, I meant the people sitting in the theater watching the ceremony, who the director cut to during TIE - that's the THEY. There were several comments on here suggesting that many in the audience probably didn't even know who the Eagles were. I was saying there's no basis for stating that, and that as members of the music industry, those in the room knew what was happening on stage. I was trying to assure Borderers that those in the theater and watching on TV understood and appreciated what was taking place.

I didn't call anyone an idiot, or quote you, it was a general statement. I've been on this board with you for three years, WW...
    Thanks for clearing that up. I still maintain that there were some who were not familiar with who they are, and I hate the fact that a beautiful, heartfelt performance that has been criticized mercilessly is the first impression they may get.

I hold no ill feelings toward Don Felder but...