Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Remaining Eagles honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Remaining Eagles to honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

I scrolled right on by Felder's post when I saw it this morning. I can't believe that he would make that kind of comment about this event. I thought that he might be above doing that, but I was wrong. He keeps on playing his fans for sympathy and to be selfish.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

I agree about the emotions. it's all so difficult to process. I'm reading comments on Felder's post and I'm like absolutely appalled. I mean... the band and us fans are going through enough. no matter what went on with them they ALL lost Glenn. I just feel bad for them.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I scrolled right on by Felder's post when I saw it this morning. I can't believe that he would make that kind of comment about this event. I thought that he might be above doing that, but I was wrong. He keeps on playing his fans for sympathy and to be selfish.
    I actually see a point now. Someone did say that he made it out to be about him. Like a pity thing. I got it now lol

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I have met Felder a few time before during his shows and he is generally a nice guy. But I agree with how some of the comments are immature. But there are some people have a huge amount of respect for Glenn and the others and tell the trolls to leave them in peace. Social media can be very deceiving. I believe felder really misses the guys but he needs to find a away to constructvely put his. feelings online.You now what I mean

Since Bernie was involved with this tribute does anyone else think he was officaly invited back?

Probably. He was still with the group before they stopped touring.

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    I hold no ill feelings toward Don Felder but...
    I agree. All I could think of was "give it a rest, Felder". Some may say it would have been reconciliatory to invite him, and they may be right. But it actually would seem a little hypocritical to me if they had invited him, given all that water under the bridge.

I'll say no more, as I don't want to drag down this thread, which is about their beautiful and heartfelt tribute.

Personally I think they would have been hypocritical to have invited someone that Glenn didn't like to his Grammy tribute. I'm sad that Felder felt it necessary to post that. We all KNOW you weren't invited Felder. They weren't even doing a song you played on.

That audience was pathetic. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Fan View Post
    I agree. All I could think of was "give it a rest, Felder". Some may say it would have been reconciliatory to invite him, and they may be right. But it actually would seem a little hypocritical to me if they had invited him, given all that water under the bridge.

I'll say no more, as I don't want to drag down this thread, which is about their beautiful and heartfelt tribute.
    What Felder should have written was "a touching tribute to a wonderful musician". He would have won thousands of fans back. Instead he widened the rift.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    I have met Felder a few time before during his shows and he is generally a nice guy. But I agree with how some of the comments are immature. But there are some people have a huge amount of respect for Glenn and the others and tell the trolls to leave them in peace. Social media can be very deceiving. I believe felder really misses the guys but he needs to find a away to constructvely put his. feelings online.You now what I mean

Yeah, he needs to think more before posting. After 15 years, I find it hard to believe that he thought that he might be invited to preform a tribute to a person he had bad blood with.

---

Back to the tribute, I've watched again a little while ago. It's still hard to watch, but again, the guys did the best they could. I was kind of shocked, in a good way, to see Steuart playing with them. I can't believe what people were saying about Jackson. I'd like for those people to have to go through and do what he and the guys did, and see if they could do a better job.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time