Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Remaining Eagles honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

Default Re: Remaining Eagles to honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

I went back to see who wrote the articles on the best moment and the deadpan comment.

The Best moment had multiple writers while the deadpan comment was made by some guy name Rob Sheffield or something like that. I guess he was watching some other show then those multiples writers.

I really wasn't shocked on Paul not getting into that afterparty. Its kinds sad. I was reading the article and Tyga was shocked that they turned down Paul. Like somebody said. Maybe that bouncer didn't know who Paul was which kinda sucks if you weren't under a rock when Kayne and Rianna had sang with him last year. Or was it two years ago. I don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I think this perhaps sums up the debacle of this year's Grammies quite well:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-1...rparty/7175148
    This is a huge debacle! Don't they realize who Paul McCartney is. Gee Whiz.

On the Tribute, I enjoyed it but it was so sad to see how painful it was for them to play it. Don H looked a mess, like he was emotionally wiped.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Out on the Border

I think the Grammys tribute to Glen could have been better accomplished by having the Eagles prepare a video montage about Glen with some comments/reflections. Sorry but no one else can do 'Take it Easy' like Glen.

It was so heart wrenching watching the boys singing without their leader....I think they did a fine job considering the sadness they must have felt..At one point, I noticed Don started to harmonize and stopped....maybe he couldn't??...They all seemed to be struggling and I felt so bad for them...the whole thing was just SAD....

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Regarding the Kennedy Center Honors, usually the honorees do not perform, correct? Their songs are performed by others, right? Or do they perform like at the R&RHoF?

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Regarding the after-party and Paul McCartney, why on earth would Paul, Taylor Hawkins, Beck, their wives and security want to attend a party hosted by Tyga??!! That Bow Wow attended??? Especially one they weren't invited to??!!

I'm thinking someone from Paul's camp is in big trouble. This was a communications breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Regarding the Kennedy Center Honors, usually the honorees do not perform, correct? Their songs are performed by others, right? Or do they perform like at the R&RHoF?
    Yes. Other artists performed their songs. The guys will sit in the balcony with the President and watch the artist pay tribute to them. They just sit back and enjoy the show. That's of course if the guys still decide to do KCH in December

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    You're right. They don't perform themselves & others do their songs.

What a freaking shame Glenn won't be there to receive that award from the President.

Regarding the extremely late receipt of the 1978 Grammy, it's ironic when you think that of the four Eagles there, only two of them actually appeared on "Hotel California".

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post

Regarding the extremely late receipt of the 1978 Grammy, it's ironic when you think that of the four Eagles there, only two of them actually appeared on "Hotel California".
    I was just replaying the Grammy tribute that I recorded last night & I thought the same thing. It brought me to tears.