Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Remaining Eagles honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Remaining Eagles to honor Glenn Frey at the Grammy Awards

I agree with that, Outlawmannj. Performing live (to cue) in front of a huge tv audience must have been very nerveracking and Henley may just have been concentrating. He smiled when they were given the Grammy awards afterwards.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    Until Henley comes out and says he was "angry and upset" even "miserable". I think we should stop projecting our feelings on what we saw at the grammys. Henley to me didnt look much different then usual. I can even agree with upset, because of the emotional moment, but angry? Miserable? I dont see him angry in the video. Yet i keep reading that over and over here. Theres to much projection going on here. Maybe if Henley was a little friendlier with his fans and communicate with them we would know, but knowing him, we will never know for sure.
    I wish you wouldn't call him 'Henley' his name is Don or Don Henley...and please don't project what you think I as a fan am projecting onto him. I've seen close-up photos of him from the Grammys and perhaps 'angry' might be too strong a word but he was finding it hard to keep it together.

As for him being more friendly with his fans, then you obviously aren't a big fan of his. I've read, listened and watched numerous interviews and articles Don has done and he really appreciates his fans and aknowledges their devotion but basically he's a shy man so doesn't overtly express his feelings. His 'true' fans know he's a very sentimental man who hides his emotions behind a stern exterior but so do a lot of other shy people as I know myself.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

I admire Jackson a lot more now. I think he did an awesome job and he was the right man to do it. people were getting on him cause he messed up some of the lyrics HELLO? the man just lost someone very important to him and he had to go and put on a brave face and push through. Like they all did. They are professional musicians. Even they are allowed the occasional screw up.

Maybe I should tell those Facebook haters this too. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    I admire Jackson a lot more now. I think he did an awesome job and he was the right man to do it. people were getting on him cause he messed up some of the lyrics HELLO? the man just lost someone very important to him and he had to go and put on a brave face and push through. Like they all did. They are professional musicians. Even they are allowed the occasional screw up.

I was standing up for Jackson on one article on Facebook. It was Entertainment Weekly. They really talked soo bad about him.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I was standing up for Jackson on one article on Facebook. It was Entertainment Weekly. They really talked soo bad about him.
    Yeah see... I can't read that. Because I would be right there with you and it won't be very nice. People are just ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    I wish you wouldn't call him 'Henley' his name is Don or Don Henley...and please don't project what you think I as a fan am projecting onto him. I've seen close-up photos of him from the Grammys and perhaps 'angry' might be too strong a word but he was finding it hard to keep it together.

As for him being more friendly with his fans, then you obviously aren't a big fan of his. I've read, listened and watched numerous interviews and articles Don has done and he really appreciates his fans and aknowledges their devotion but basically he's a shy man so doesn't overtly express his feelings. His 'true' fans know he's a very sentimental man who hides his emotions behind a stern exterior but so do a lot of other shy people as I know myself.
    Really? You are bothered by me calling him by his name? His name is not Henley? There are two Dons and I dont really want to type full names.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post

Same here. Always liked JB but dont know his music that much (even though i picked up some of his vinyl a while back at a thrift, now ill have to spin it). But i always respected his connection w the Eagles as I do that of JD Souther. So it was great seeing him there, he fit in like a glove and who cares about a missed lyric.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    Until Henley comes out and says he was "angry and upset" even "miserable". I think we should stop projecting our feelings on what we saw at the grammys. Henley to me didnt look much different then usual. I can even agree with upset, because of the emotional moment, but angry? Miserable? I dont see him angry in the video. Yet i keep reading that over and over here. Theres to much projection going on here. Maybe if Henley was a little friendlier with his fans and communicate with them we would know, but knowing him, we will never know for sure.
    I'm sorry but this is an extremely emotional time for the band and Eagles fans and some folks need a place to vent their emotions, just as you are doing on this board. So please do not tell people here to stop projecting their emotions - it's sometimes a very healthy thing to do. You may not agree with everyone and it's okay to have your opinion; but please don't presume to tell others how they should feel or what they should think. It may not have been your intention to come across that way, but the tone of your post may be interpreted as being dismissive of other's feelings.

And for they record, I agree with you that I didn't think Don came across as angry either - to me he just looked profoundly sad. However, there were certainly others who saw it differently so let's respect their right to express what they think and feel.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I was looking through some pics yesterday. and I saw the one with Don Henley at Stern's interview. it hurt so bad cause I didn't see the light in his eyes. It was almost like he knew. And he was just physically present. it wasn't the bright blue eyed Henley we know and love. Broke my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I'm sorry but this is an extremely emotional time for the band and Eagles fans and some folks need a place to vent their emotions, just as you are doing on this board. So please do not tell people here to stop projecting their emotions - it's sometimes a very healthy thing to do. You may not agree with everyone and it's okay to have your opinion; but please don't presume to tell others how they should feel or what they should think. It may not have been your intention to come across that way, but the tone of your post may be interpreted as being dismissive of other's feelings.

And for they record, I agree with you that I didn't think Don came across as angry either - to me he just looked profoundly sad. However, there were certainly others who saw it differently so let's respect their right to express what they think and feel.
    Im just stating a fact: that we do not know if Henley was angry, so for people to simply assume that and repeatedly post that he was angry and miserable is somewhat irresponsible. It starts a rumour based on personal feelings that overtime will become "fact" espcially since its posted on an Eagles forum. So until Henley makes a statement saying his was angry at the grammy people and miseable being there i dont see the point of us repeating that as if it is a fact.

I suggest you guys get in touch with henleys people and see if we can get a statement from him