I looked up an old interview (from 1982) where Glenn talked about "Old Black" (who he refers to as "her").
GF: My standard guitar in the one that happened on the front of the album. It's a black Les Paul Junior. It's middle to late '50s. Jackson Browne gave it to me in Echo Park for free, because it wouldn't play n tune for him. He got himself a Telecaster and he like it, so he gave me that guitar. I've always joked that I got into Rock 'n' Roll for $125. That's how much it cost me to get my pre-CBS Deluxe with one 12" Vox speaker in it. I still play through that amplifier. It's the best Deluxe I've ever had. And I still play the guitar I got for free.

IM&RW: What is that you like about particular guitar?

GF: I think it has single-sound pickups as opposed to double-wound for some reason, they're just hotter. It's hotter than any Sunburst Les Paul I've every bought. I need guitars that have clubby necks. I play it hard. I'm not an artful player, so I need something I can grab onto. It seems like Les Paul Juniors have that quality about them. Every time I see a singe pickup or double pickup Junior, I usually buy it. They don't cost that much. Les Paul Junior IV models just aren't that expensive. You can still get them for 5-600 bucks. So I've been trying to buy backup guitars of Old Black all my life.

IM&RW: Old Black?

GF: Yeah, her name is Old Black. I've yet to find one that's as good.
Link