Here's an idea I've had for a new game based on something I saw on another forum. I think it should be quite good fun. It works in a similar way to the other 'shuffle games' on this board - set your MP3 player or computer (or whatever device you wish to use) on shuffle and list the first ten songs that come up. Once you have your ten songs, indicate your favourite song(s).

The version of the game I came across was straightforward as you simply had to name your favourite song out of ten, but in some cases I found it difficult to select just one song and thus I have given the option to adapt the game slightly. I'll demonstrate with this random shuffle I did fairly recently, the first ten songs were as follows:
1. Cinnamon Girl - Neil Young
2. Cirrus Minor - Pink Floyd
3. Hey Babe - Neil Young
4. Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
5. Train Leaves Here This Morning - Eagles
6. That Smell - Lynyrd Skynyrd
7. Such A Woman - Neil Young
8. Drive Back - Neil Young
9. Empty Spaces - Pink Floyd
10. Down To The Waterline - Dire Straits

The first approach - the simplest - involves simply indicating your single choice for favourite track (I've used bold type, but anything will do as long as it is clear).
3. Hey Babe - Neil Young

The alternative approach, and my own idea, is a 'medals' approach. There are times when I think it is very hard to choose one favourite, yet where I could probably define a top three quite easily and acknowledge the 'podium finishers' in the shuffle, so to speak. I've used different font colours ('gold' = top favourite, 'silver' = second favourite and 'bronze' = third favourite) to indicate my choices, although again I'd say that clear notation of any description is fine.
3. Hey Babe - Neil Young

Either approach is a perfectly acceptable way of playing, just go with your own preference - if you want to use different approaches for different sets of songs, then that is absolutely fine by me, especially as each shuffle is completely independent of all the others.

There are a lot of possibilities open for this game, I think there should be absolutely nothing to stop you shuffling a specific playlist - you could do all Eagles songs, all songs by another artist, or songs from a particular year, to name just three - as well as general shuffle of all your songs. Also, as it is just ten songs per shuffle, it should be relatively quick to play compared to the more in depth shuffle games on here. This should hopefully be straightforward, If there's anything you don't understand, please feel free to ask me.