Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Pebble Beach 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    He's got ANGELS on his shoulder.

And don't forget - he believes in ANGELS too. Is that the new board motto?!

It really seems that he knows you all personally now. I'm just so happy for you all. And the screwdriver again - that is great.

Hopefully tomorrow I WILL record some footage of him.
    Very clever, FP!

I'm with GA, Soda - please put in a good word for all of us training angels wishing every moment that we could be at Pebble Beach with you all. Tell Glenn that he is much loved around the world!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, another glorious day with Glenn!

He is so nice to come and socialize with you! He called you by name and remembered where you live? He definitely did his homework! That is one smart Eagle! And "I gotta talk to my Angels"? How cute! He is one very nice guy!

Very cool about him signing your pictures. Those are worth a million to each of you, I know.

I'm so happy you all are there and having such a grand time.

Any news about touring the rest of the states? Like Missouri?

Tell Glenn there's more of his angels where you came from!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Wow! You Angels had an amazing time Great photo's.

Each day seems to get better than the last, guys! You are defintely going to have a hard time getting your feet to touch the ground after this trip is over. But then, I guess angels always have that problem.....

I agree with FP that it is wonderful that Glenn read your letters, that he complemented you on putting "pen to paper." (As a writer, that appeals to me greatly.) I have written Don before and wondered if any of the guys actually get our letters--now we know that they do.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    I agree with FP that it is wonderful that Glenn read your letters, that he complemented you on putting "pen to paper." (As a writer, that appeals to me greatly.) I have written Don before and wondered if any of the guys actually get our letters--now we know that they do.
    Yeah, I wrote to them too, and never got a reply, so I wondered too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I wouldn't even worry about getting a reply. I'd just like to know that if I did write to Glenn he would at least get the letter and possibly read it.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Unfortunately I have to report that this morning's coverage did not feature Glenn ONCE.

Ironically there was a lot of Clay Walker. There was Emmett Smith, Dan Marino, the New Orleans Saints quarterback....

I think that after last year's tedious footage of George Lopez and Bill Murray clowning, the Golf Channel has decided to make the coverage more 'serious'. Also I noticed that Craig Stadler was seven over. Perhaps they won't show a celebrity if his partner is not doing well enough to justify it.

I guess I'll sit through the final three hours tomorrow but this is such a contrast with last year.

We need our angels to give even more detailed reports now.

Default Pebble Beach - Friday

Glenn was on Spyglass today, which is an arduous, steep course. We managed to get there on time for once because he started a little later. Timfan was already there.

Very little happened with us today. Glenn was concentrating on his game and didn’t really interact with the crowd, which was considerably larger than in previous years. However, when we first arrived, he made a point of catching our eye and mouthing “Good morning” at us.

The weather was gorgeous, and so was the view. Glenn wore beige pants and an off-white hat with a black sweater over a yellow polo top. He also wore a black jacket for the first half of the day. We enjoyed watching him take his hat off and on and running his fingers through his hair. In fact, we enjoyed watching him all day long! Oh, and the scenery was also beautiful, with the forest, coast, and blue sky. There were even deer about. At one hole, there were three deer right in his way and he almost hit them with the ball! Stupid deer!

Glenn wasn’t very happy with his play, even though he wasn’t really doing that badly – he once again kept the team alive. Stadler was royally sucking, I’m sorry to say. I felt bad for him. While Glenn wasn’t doing poorly, there was a tension in the team. Glenn talked more to Jacobsen, Huey Lewis’ partner, than he did to Stadler. I think that it is not very probable that they will make the cut.
    At one point, he went over to a really cute little girl with curly hair and gave her a pick. She was so sweet – and so thrilled! She immediately showed it to her mom, reading it to her. “It says ‘Glenn Frey’!”

There was one time when he made a really good hit and he looked up at us, all excited. He was so cute!

Later, he made a bad shot and cursed, “G-ddammit!” Then he apologized and said he was glad there were no little kids around. I think it’s nice that he’s so concerned.

Towards the end, when he was unhappy about his play and feeling low, he looked over at us and just grimaced. We looked back sympathetically. Poor guy!

As we left, we saw Carl the Caddy and talked to him briefly. I think he and Glenn were happy to be done!

While it was a slow day, we all had a good time. Saturday will be really crazy and we don’t expect Glenn to even see us, much less talk to us. Regardless, we’ve had a wonderful experience at Pebble Beach this year. As we drove back to the hotel blasting my iPod through the car speakers – programmed with Glenn’s entire catalog – all we could do was sigh contentedly. Glenn Frey is an incredible musician and an incredible person!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

More photos!

(This was the one I had signed)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Gorgeous pics Soda . And I know you've more to come. I'm sure Glenn is really appreciationg the support you angels are giving him. It isn't always easy on the Golf course. He seems to be a very genuine and caring guy anyway.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP