Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Pebble Beach 2008

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Ooooooh, I'm glad you all had such a wonderful time.
    Soda, I really would like to see your photo with Glenn, pleeeease!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well, Soda, Molly and Dreamer, I'm so glad you all had such a wonderful time again this year! Glenn seems to have surpassed himself in his gentlemanly behaviour even when the going got tough. I think he too appreciates that you angels are prepared to stay in the background letting him concentrate on his game when he has to and he really respects you for this.

Soda, PLEASE post the pic of you and Glenn together. I'm sure its very special to you but I'd LOVE to see it.

I really need to start saving the pennies for next year! I'd just LOVE to go!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I don't think I'll ever have enough pennies for Pebble Beach, GA, but I'd love to go too!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Don't know what I can add to what has already been said except that I would love to see ALL your photos with Glenn. Pretty, pretty please?

I LOVE your av, too, Soda! And Glenn looked wonderful the whole time despite not feeling well.

And yes, I love Glenn Frey!

What a man!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

When I dropped Dreamer and Molly off on Saturday, I could pretend the adventure wasn't over yet. But I put Soda on the plane this morning. Sniff! Now I have to accept facts.

I had such a wonderful week! The weather was unbelievably good. It poured rain all thru January and I was sure we were in for a soaking again this year. The view was spectacular! The sky was incredibly blue and the ocean seemed unusually blue as well. I got to spend more time with Molly and get to know her better. And it's always fun to get together with Dreamer and Soda.

I got a real kick out of Huey Lewis. He's got such a great sense of humor! I used to listen to him back in the day and I caught his cameo in Back To The Future, but I had lost track of him after that. (boy do I feel old) He was so sweet as to praise my photography, which has endeared him to me even more.lol Of course, he has a long way to go before he catches up with Glenn. The man never ceases to amaze me with his kind treatment of us fans. After all, he's there to golf, not do a meet and greet every five steps. I(we) try to be as unobtrusive as possible out there, but some people tend to drink a bit too much and get, imo, too loud for a golf course, calling out to the celebs and asking for autographs in the middle of play. It must get tiring at times to have fans breathing down your neck when you are trying to golf. But Glenn is always such a sweetheart. It's really wonderful to see a little bit of the personality of someone whose talent you so admire and find out that they are a really good person as well.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I managed to tape Saturday's play, too. What a beautiful day and place to play golf! And watch your favorite Eagle!

Hubby was watching basketball in the living room and I went downstairs to the family room to walk on the treadmill (and secretly watch Glenn golf!) When I went back upstairs, hubby asked what I had been doing and I said watching golf. He gave me a puzzled look (I don't watch many sports on tv other than Cardinals baseball and maybe, the superbowl!) I know absolutely nothing about golf! He laughed and said "it's not bad to watch, but you must be pretty desperate!" (he doesn't golf either). I finally fessed up and said that Glenn was playing and I was taping it for my cyber friends. He said, "ah, now I understand and ! But then he laughed at least!

I will be taping the CMT special tonight and then I will send it all to Soda tomorrow.

Dreamer, I'm sorry you didn't have any luck getting Dan's autograph. I'm sure that was disappointing. But at least you got to see him in person.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Here is the pic that PLS took that I had Glenn sign:

First of all, it has been VERY difficult trying to settle back into real life after such an awesome trip. I am still pretty tired, but hopefully, will get a good night’s sleep tonight, and be okay by tomorrow. I work a contract job that is winding down, so fortunately, I wasn’t bombarded at work today. I have actually spent part of my day catching up on what I missed on the board while I was gone. The bad news about this is that I’ll be searching for a new job soon ( I really can’t complain about this though since I’ve already been on this assignment for 6 months longer than what I expected). But enough about jobs already – let’s talk about important stuff …

Anyway, I still wish last week hadn’t gone by so quickly. As always, it was great spending time with Soda, PLS, and Molly. Our time with Glenn was amazing, as you all can imagine. As everyone already said, even when we didn’t get to talk to Glenn, it is still so much fun just watching him play. I really felt bad for him on Saturday. It is hard to say what the problem was, but you could just see by the look on his face and his body language that he was not the same as he had been earlier in the week. The lucky car ride on Tuesday was definitely one of the highlights for me. PLS got in the back seat first. I was next, even though Soda was behind me and literally had me pinned between the open car door and another car. After I finally got in, Carl the Caddy asked me if we wanted him to pull up some. I told him that would probably be a good idea, so he did. By the time Soda, and then Molly piled in, I didn’t hardly have any seat left. I think a small part of my right butt cheek was on the seat, but I had to lean forward and balance myself with the front console. I am sure not complaining about this though because I had an amazing view of Glenn during the entire ride.

I was so touched that he thanked us for “putting pen to paper”. I didn’t hear what he had said to Soda and PLS about it so I really didn’t know what he meant until they told me. I had never written him before, but after our experience in Niagara Falls, I felt compelled to write him. I never expected to get a reply, but it is great to know that he does receive and read his fan mail. If any one of you feels like you want to write any of the guys for whatever reason, I think this should be encouragement enough that they do see their mail.

As far as the pics we had taken with Glenn, I will probably go ahead and post mine for a short time. However, I have to wait on Soda. Those pics were taken with her camera. We got prints made, but I don’t have the .jpeg so I can’t post it until she sends it to me.

Well, I have a few more things that I was going to post, but I actually have to go do some work, so I’ll have to post again later.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Again thanks to everybody for their stories. Dreamer, your signed photo is my wallpaper this week.

I've done my screenshots now. I think it's more appropriate that I post them in Frey Fever.

Good grief, I've had a chance to read all your adventures tonight, and it just confirms that Glenn Frey is the ultimate gentleman who treats his fans superbly. I'm just so pleased for you all that you had two excellent days of Glennfandom, a bit sorry that the last two days were overwhelmed by crowds, and a bit concerned that he was not himself on Saturday. If he'd like a private consultation, he can call on me!

PLS, your pictures are superb. Plenty of eye candy to tide over the weeks until March 20!

Molly, I'm so pleased to hear that your adventure was so successful. The mere thought of GF giving you a gentle back massage is making me reach for the travel brochures right now! What a lovely man, what a star in every way.

And I Glenn Frey!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Thank you GEF. I've not tried to photo golf before so I was unsure how the pics would turn out. I figured with 125 frames I should come up with something good. Of course, I had excellent subject matter to start with. :P

I'm not sure what was up Saturday. He seemed to me like he was holding his shoulders a bit stiffly. I know I tend to do that when I'm in pain, but then I'm sure I do it when I'm pissed off too. I know he wasn't happy with the way the golf was going that day. Huey was the only animated one on Saturday, the others were kinda going thru the motions. I don't remember which day it was, but one time one of the marshals popped a soda can just as Stadler was putting,(I believe for a birdie) causing him to miss the shot. He turned around and gave the man the worst glare...almost as bad as Glenn's "look of death". I was afraid when he walked over to that next tee box that he might kill the man. lol