Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Pebble Beach 2008

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    I don't remember which day it was, but one time one of the marshals popped a soda can just as Stadler was putting,(I believe for a birdie) causing him to miss the shot. He turned around and gave the man the worst glare...almost as bad as Glenn's "look of death". I was afraid when he walked over to that next tee box that he might kill the man. lol
    I heard on TV the tournament's winning pro walked away with one million dollars, so I can appreciate why Stadler gave that marshal the "look of death" -there was a lot on the line!

Since showing him the pictures PLS took of Glenn golfing, Ditka (hubby) and his golfing buddies have been busy critiquing Glenn's golf stance and swing. (I think they're just jealous-none of them have ever had women following them around a golf course, I assure you!)
    [

Lol, Molly! And no matter what how much they cap on him, at the end of the day he's still Glenn Frey.

I'm jealous that you went home with a tan. No matter what I do, I only burn. I had forgotten to mention that on Tuesday I managed to get a major sunburn while wearing SPF 30. And even after wearing SPF 70 all the rest of the days, I still came home with a sunburn. It's only pink now. No more lobster. I also have a major mess on my heel. I rubbed a blister on it by Thursday that actually broke that day. Then by the time I got to the hotel on Friday, I had rubbed the raw skin into a bloody mess on my sock.

Brooke, thank you for your recording efforts. Soda, thank you in advance for uploading those efforts onto GFO!

PLS, Dreamer and Molly: once again I am so happy for all of you. I can just imagine how thrilled all of you are. I'm sure you're all be walking around in a dream for quite a while!

Brooke, you have a cool hubby!

Dreamer, the photo you asked Glenn to sign is one of my favourites from your trip. He looks cuddly and sexy at the same time. WOW! I had to laugh when you described your uncomfortable seating arrangements with your travel companions in the golf buggy, but as you say, your view of Glenn was superb! I'm sure you forgot all about your discomfort! I look forward to seeing the rest of your photos, once you are able to upload them. I think I will take your advice and write to Glenn - I think it's fantastic that he takes the time to read his fan letters. Not many stars bother, as I've experienced in the most cruel way possible. But Glenn is special. I'm sorry that your work contract is coming to an end, but I hope you will find new work soon.

Molly, I think your hubby and his friends are indeed jealous! Tell them to "get over it"!

PLS, I can identify with your inability to tan. If I go out in the sun even for 10 minutes, I have to cake myself with sunscreen - about SPF 30 AT LEAST. I'm also prone to blisters, so I feel for what you're going through, girl! I'm sure you feel it was all worth it, though!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay – I had a few more thoughts about our trip that I’ll comment on. Since my brain is unable to function properly, maybe putting my thoughts down will be therapeutic (or perhaps I should try putting pen to paper ) .

I laughed as I read some of your comments about how those of us at PB must be the luckiest girls alive. I thought, “Yeah, we are pretty lucky, but the “luckiest girl alive” distinction must still go to some lady named Cindy, not us.”

Another thing I was thinking when reading your comments about us walking with the stars, was how “normal” it seemed at the time. For some reason, I really wasn’t starstruck. Heck, I was so focused on Glenn that I hardly even watched the others. I briefly considered asking for Huey’s autograph, but then, didn’t even bother. Even when I found Dan Marino, I decided that rather than to keep following him trying for an autograph that I would rather get back to the real reason that I was there.

I’m not positive about this, but my guess as to why Clay and Glenn weren’t paired together this year had something to do with the fact that Clay’s handicap had dropped. As far as relations between Glenn and Sadler, I don’t think we can read anything in to it. Sadler was playing very poorly, and, as we said previously, it appeared that Glenn either was not in the best of spirits and/or feeling very bad. In any event, neither was in a very jovial mood.

I’m going to go ahead and post my picture with Glenn for a short time. I’ll probably take it down after a few days though cause I’m not jazzed about putting my face on the Internet. But, he looks so good - here goes:

2/18/08 Edited to add: Rather than totally remove this pic, I cropped it so that everyone can still enjoy this thing of beauty.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

The good part of my picture with Glenn:

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wonderful, Kay! That is absolutely beautiful! And you are just as much as Glenn! (Well, almost! )

Thank you so much. What an honor to get a pic with him. Have you showered that shoulder yet? I don't think I could! I would have to preserve that dna!

And Soda.......no fair! Come on girl!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Aw dreamer, that is a lovely picture! You look radiant, and Glenn, well, what can I say about that man!! Thank you very much for sharing your special moment with us.

Soda? Don't be shy - just look at Glenn's smile!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    I'm a bit concerned that he was not himself on Saturday. If he'd like a private consultation, he can call on me!!
    I'm sure he can GEF! And no better doctor
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Dreamer, You have nothing to fear putting that pic up. You look lovely, and as for Glenn .... Well he looks absolutely Gorgeous

Am I allowed to be envious?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Those are fantastic photos. Kay, congratulations. What a thrill for you.

Nancy, I'd like to see what you looked like too....