Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Pebble Beach 2008

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    The car ride was a hoot, alright, brief as it was. Sadly the majority of the conversation was along the lines of "Where is this Lot 9?" "Are you sure it was Lot 9?" "Keep your eye out for signs leading to Lot 9" etc. lol

And yeah, no one else has posted their pic either except for Dreamer, why am I the only one given a hard time? I gave you the better half already!

5000 posts since I first did a message board back in 2005 - dang! Time flies!
    Sorry, Soda, but what does "Lot 9" refer to? Please excuse my ignorance.

As for your not posting the other half of your picture with Glenn : girlfriend, we want to see you as much as we want to see Glenn !

Congratulations from me too on your 5,000th post. I noticed yesterday that you were coming up to it.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

IMHO Soda yopu are just as good a 'half' as Glenn Different, maybe, but I'd love to see the two of you together. And Molly! And PLS!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Soda and dreamer, I chuckled at your account of the car ride. I think you got a bit lost on purpose, just to stay in the car a bit longer!

MF, lot 9 would refer to the number of the parking lot. We call them car parks!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Lot 9 is the glorified name for what was more like a fire road that they were parking cars along. The problem with finding it after play was that it got full so they changed "lot 9" to an open field. Once we finally found the signs, Carl the Caddy pulled into "lot 9" and we were stumped. "This isn't right...it was, like, a fire road or something." Carl the Caddy pulled up next to one of the children directing parking and we explained things. "OH! You mean the other lot 9". As we pulled away there was much eye rolling in the car at the idiocy of "moving" lot 9. The guys were very sweet to persevere. When we finally got the directions, we were only about 50 yards from the shuttle bus stop. They could have just let us out there and gone on their merry way. But being such sweethearts, they took us all the way to the car. Not thinking about what I was saying, I told them, "you guys rawk!" when they dropped us off, then cringed at the unintended pun.lol

Against my better judgment, here's the pic with Glenn. As you can see, he wasn't quite as thrilled. I got the PR lip curve rather than the genuine smile Soda got, but hey, he was willing to subject himself to the "photo op" and I'll take what I can get.
    [/img]

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

PLS, that is a gorgeous picture of both you and Glenn! You have beautiful hair! Thanks so much for showing us. What a treasure!

I know what you mean about that "PR lip curve" though. I have a pic with Don and his smile (or grimace ) is the same as nearly everyone's that you see. I don't think Glenn has that on here though! He looks genuinely happy.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I only got a bigger smile because I was being silly, as usual! Molly took the first photo and was like, "Nancy, settle down, your mouth is moving!" I said "My mouth is ALWAYS moving," and Glenn chuckled, "You're so funny."

Glenn was very cute asking directions. The people working there directing traffic were from the ages of about 10-18. Carl the Caddy wanted to pull up next to one of the teens to ask about Lot 9 and Glenn said, "He won't know anything." Carl pulled up anyway, and sure enough, he didn't. Glenn told Carl "I told you so!" as we drove away. When we pulled up next to a younger girl later, getting desperate, Glenn said gently, "Sweetheart, do you know where Lot 9 is?" He's so kind with children!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

The photos are all beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing them & the great stories! You guys look fabulous standing next to Mr. Frey. And perfectly natural, as if it happened every day. In the only photo I've ever had taken with a celebrity, I look stunned.

I got even less than a 'lip curl' in my photo with The Don. There's just a hint of a smirk on his face. He's either wishing he could be somewhere else or trying not to laugh in front of my 6'2" husband, whom I 'manuevered' out of the way so that I could stand next to (& of course put my arm around) Don. Hey, at least I didn't try to kiss him.

I love your descriptions of the car ride, Dreamer & Soda. I probably would have been laughing hysterically had I been there. Nancy, my son was such a huge Dukes of Hazzard fan that we still use 'scuffed my vehicle' too. I can still hear Roscoe saying it in that twangy voice. I probably would have laughed & snorted.

Thanks for letting me live vicariously!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

You both look lovely PLS! I'd give anything for a pic like that. Treasure it.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

LOL Marla! Glad I'm not the only one!

I hear you guys about Don in photos. Here's how he looked in the photo I took with him and Stevie back in 2005:

He was smiling right before the camera went off. I think he's one of those guys that thinks he looks better when he's looking "intense" and tries not to smile in posed photos.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten