Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Pebble Beach 2008

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great pic with Glenn, tf! Thanks for showing us. What lovely smiles on both of you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

OMG, I've missed a lot in the last few days.
    TF, that's wonderful, thanks for sharing your PB story with us. And you look lovely as well as Molly in her photo. What can I say about Glenn... he looks fantastic, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Apologies for the double post. I've just found this very brief reference to a gala that Glenn performed at at Pebble Beach.

http://fromthegrove.blogspot.com/200...on-and-me.html

I'd love to know a bit more about it.
    We ran into one of the people working pb at breakfast one morning. She told us that all the celebs got together and did a show for the volunteers on Wednesday evening. Silly woman couldn't remember which songs Glenn sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Very nice!

I haven't mentioned this before but he seems to have a bandage on his finger. I suppose he cut it. My husband cuts his finger all the time.

MF and I had our own ideas on the bandage!
    It's not a bandage per se, but a piece of sports tape around the knuckle. I would never dare to ask, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has some repetitive use injuries in his hands from all those years of guitar work. I assume it is to support that joint and improve his grip.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Soda! Can I just say here what a fabulous page you have put up on Pebble Beach 2008! I had a look through it this morning, and it really is great! Thanks for all the hard work and hope you are feeling better!

Oh and BTW, your own pic with Glenn is lovely....
    You make a gorgeous couple
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Apologies for the double post. I've just found this very brief reference to a gala that Glenn performed at at Pebble Beach.

http://fromthegrove.blogspot.com/200...on-and-me.html

I'd love to know a bit more about it.
    We ran into one of the people working pb at breakfast one morning. She told us that all the celebs got together and did a show for the volunteers on Wednesday evening. Silly woman couldn't remember which songs Glenn sang.
    That was funny, PLS!

Having said that, it's a pity she didn't remember the songs!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Little Sister
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Very nice!

I haven't mentioned this before but he seems to have a bandage on his finger. I suppose he cut it. My husband cuts his finger all the time.

MF and I had our own ideas on the bandage!
    It's not a bandage per se, but a piece of sports tape around the knuckle. I would never dare to ask, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has some repetitive use injuries in his hands from all those years of guitar work. I assume it is to support that joint and improve his grip.
    PLS, thanks for giving us a bit more information about this. I was wondering what the "plaster" as I called it was for.

Soda, allow me to commend you, in addition to GA's comments, on the fantastic job you've done on the Pebble Beach 2008 page . I wasted no time in downloading the videos (Brooke, you're an angel! Thank you SO much for your efforts!), and later I read your review. I don't know why you were so shy to show the other half of your picture with Glenn - you look great, girlfriend!

I must beg to differ with you on the Elvis issue, though . Both gentlemen are musical heroes/heartthrobs/idols/influences of mine, and have had an equally enormous impact on my life. Both men are among the few artists who care/cared enough about their fans to spend time with and pay attention to them - just one of the reasons why I love them so much.

But, no matter - we are all entitled to our tastes and opinions!

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

I also wanted to say thank you all for your efforts. When MF mentioned the Pebble Beach page I had no idea what she was talking about but then I found it.

The photo simply doesn't do justice to my great beauty, is all. But I HAD to put it up somewhere on the site. I have always wanted a photo of me with him on here. I figured, tucked away back there, it won't do a lot of damage, but it'll still be on the site.

I'd also like to thank Molly, who just sent me PB coverage as well. I appreciate how you gals have taken so much trouble to help me out.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten