Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Pebble Beach 2008

Default Re: Glenn is playing Pebble Beach!!

Don't feel bad GlennLover - the way they have it set up is very confusing. You see this big banner proclaiming "PEBBLE BEACH 2009" so naturally you assume the celebrity player info is current. Wish they'd start updating it for real!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'd do almost anything to go if Glenn was playing, but it's not in the budget. I'm on the wrong coast. If anyone goes, I'll be there with you in spirit.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm in the wrong country!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I'm in the wrong country!!
    Same here!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Stuck on the Border

I can beat that. I'm in the wrong hemisphere.

LOL guys .

I see that they have started to post the list of celebrities on the Pebble Beach site for 2009. No sign of Glenn yet. for you Soda!

This has nothing to do with Glenn Frey playing at Pebble Beach, but this past week while in Vegas, I did walk 9 holes of the Wendy's 3-Tour Tournament. I followed Rocco Mediate, Fred Funk and Natalie Gulbis.

Whether Glenn is playing or not, if you have the slightest interest in Golf, you should try to make it out to a Pro event. This was my second one. The first was the US Open when it was played at Souther Hills in Tulsa, OK back in 2002 I think.

It's nothing like a Rock Concert. These players, especially in events that are not "official USGA" tournaments (i.e. exhibition matches), are not walled off by security guards.

That may not be true of Celebrities in matches however.

While walking from Green to Tee, several times the players were literally rubbing shoulders with the spectators. I even spoke a word of encouragement to Rocco who is one of the most spectator friendly players around. Fred Funk is the same. I couldn't speak to Natalie though if I could have made my mouth work I could have! Now "I" might have done some freckle counting there had my brain been functioning properly!

MikeA

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    This has nothing to do with Glenn Frey playing at Pebble Beach, but this past week while in Vegas, I did walk 9 holes of the Wendy's 3-Tour Tournament. I followed Rocco Mediate, Fred Funk and Natalie Gulbis.

Whether Glenn is playing or not, if you have the slightest interest in Golf, you should try to make it out to a Pro event. This was my second one. The first was the US Open when it was played at Souther Hills in Tulsa, OK back in 2002 I think.

It's nothing like a Rock Concert. These players, especially in events that are not "official USGA" tournaments (i.e. exhibition matches), are not walled off by security guards.

That may not be true of Celebrities in matches however.

While walking from Green to Tee, several times the players were literally rubbing shoulders with the spectators. I even spoke a word of encouragement to Rocco who is one of the most spectator friendly players around. Fred Funk is the same. I couldn't speak to Natalie though if I could have made my mouth work I could have! Now "I" might have done some freckle counting there had my brain been functioning properly!
    I totally understand this Mike - welcome to my world. The first time I went to Pebble Beach and Glenn came over to talk to us, I honestly didn't know if I was going to be able to utter a word. However, I quickly regained my composure, and got my mouth moving perfectly. My eyes functioned very well too, as I took in quite a bit of freckle-counting "over the course" of the next few days.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well lets hope at least some of us will be freckle counting at Pebble Beach again this year
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP