Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What exactly was going on with Dons hair in the 70s

Default What exactly was going on with Dons hair in the 70s

Was the quasi-afro a perm or was his hair naturally like that? If it was a perm how often would he have to get that done to maintain it?? By the late 80s he had long straight hair.

Default Re: What exactly was going on with Dons hair in the 70s

That's probably a touchy subject. He was gone on record as saying it was natural and even sued a writer who mentioned the word "perm". Photos of a younger him & post Eagle him seem to indicate it was a perm but, really I don't care.

Right now I crack up with his varying hair colors some that aren't found in nature. Honestly if he wants to color his hair he should use a colorist who can make it look more natural; base color, highlights, low-lights. Look at him standing next to TG Shepard. That's a man in his age group yet looks 5 years younger. Jim Ed looked great all grey. Heck I would still adore him if he went natural and showed more grey.

I also think he has done a bit of Botox on occasion not all of the time mind you. There are just some photos of him with his right eyebrow raised at a weird angle and if you look closely enough his right eye it's self is a tad off focus. You have to zoom in on a photo to notice but it's there. Look really closely at the Stern show photo. At 1st I thought it might be something medical but it's there then gone so I am leaning to Botox.

Again it's his life, his body to do with what he pleases. If his wife loves the way he looks than that is all that really matters doesn't it and none of our business.

seriously, he sued a writer because someone said perm....wow...he needs to get over himself if thats the case. his hair cant be curly like that and be straight like that , its one or the other.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

We have a long thread about Don's hair somewhere else...

I think the eyebrow thing is how they color his brows, either with tint or makeup - I've thought that it's too heavy every once in a while and unnatural looking. That said, I'm glad he makes efforts to maintain himself. It shows that he wants to remain relevant as an entertainer who is constantly being photographed and video'd and that he intends to keep performing. He wants to look handsome. He has definitely lost weight recently and is trying different hair colors - all good signs in my opinion.

Timothy could add a few brown highlights and it would take 10 years off of him...

I have no suggestions for Joe, he's right where he should be hair and face-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    We have a long thread about Don's hair somewhere else...

I think the eyebrow thing is how they color his brows, either with tint or makeup - I've thought that it's too heavy every once in a while and unnatural looking. That said, I'm glad he makes efforts to maintain himself. It shows that he wants to remain relevant as an entertainer who is constantly being photographed and video'd and that he intends to keep performing. He wants to look handsome. He has definitely lost weight recently and is trying different hair colors - all good signs in my opinion.

Timothy could add a few brown highlights and it would take 10 years off of him...

I have no suggestions for Joe, he's right where he should be hair and face-wise.
    Its amazing that Joe looks as good as he does considing that in the 80s he looked like a drunk junkie. He looks great almost 40 years later! Thats amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    sued a writer who mentioned the word "perm".
    I've never heard this - do you remember where you read it?

ETA: You're talking about the Marc Eliot thing, right? I had forgotten about that!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I've never heard this - do you remember where you read it?

ETA: You're talking about the Marc Eliot thing, right? I had forgotten about that!
    Yes the Eliot book. It was years ago so I could not be remembering it correctly but the perm reference stood out.

Joe looks natural & ageless. Whatever he is doing he needs to never stop. He looks totally natural. I do think natural blondes age well.
    I agree Tim could use highlights.
    Don does need a stylist. His suit jackets could use a bit of tailoring, sleeves & shoulders just don't fit. Looks like he lost weight so that is understandable but he can also afford to buy new suits or get the old ones fitted. While I am happy he s doing his part to appear younger bad color actually ages you. That right eye still looks wonky even last night.

Again though he could wear a lime green speedo in a rainbow wig & I would still adore him.

Let me add this, after losing Glenn I guess how Don looks or dresses isn't that big of a deal but I am still down for the speedos.
    Last edited by jms18222; 03-01-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    He does look wonderful. I would only whisper, "get those eyebrows groomed"

just have to say...the name of this thread cracks me up...love it...

speaking of hair...Timothy's hair used to look bone straight...now looks curlier...what's up with that?...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I've wondered that too, Z. I loved it back during HFO, but now it's more frizzy and curly. I think he needs to use some product and blow dry it straight. Maybe he just doesn't want to fool with it and lets it air dry.

I volunteer to help him with it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten