Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh and Bad Company "One Hell of a Night"

Default Re: Joe Walsh and Bad Company "One Hell of a Night"

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I guess Joe fans will be happy about this.

To me it seems far too soon. It just makes me realise how empty I feel & how pointless everything seems. I won't mention this again.
    Aw, I guess I understand why some might feel that it's too soon. This tour starts in May, and although I have no plans to see a show, I am glad to see Joe (and Don, too) continue with their careers. I was very shocked and crushed at Glenn's passing, but I do understand that life goes on - for everybody, eventually.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

It's different with me. I'm glad to see my favorite band back out on tour, to know that they're still active. The fact that Joe is co-headlining is added bonus. The first show is scheduled for nearly 4 months after Glenn's passing. I do understand why some think that it is too soon, though.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

If Joe or Don were playing close to me right now, I don't think my heart would be into seeing them. However, I don't know how I'll feel a few month from now. However, I don't have that problem because none of Joe's dates are anywhere close to me. I don't begrudge Don or Joe for scheduling tour dates though - they are entertainers and entertainers gotta entertain.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I can understand how everybody feels. For me. I missed that chance to see the guys as a group in concert. I will always kicked myself for not putting the effort to see the guys. Money was the problem and I hate I missed seeing them when they were close to me. I know for this year, on my bucket list I wanted to see Don's solo show and whenever Glenn got better, see the guys. I just don't want to miss that chance with Don or Joe. No matter what. My heart hurts that I didn't see them and I will miss Glenn too.

I think maybe its good I can't see Joe at the shows that are close to me. I probably wouldn't be ready, but maybe when Don starts touring later, I will be alright. I still want to hear Joe's song that he wrote about Glenn. Now that will make me break down.

I've added them all to the pre-concert anticipation forum.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I guess Joe fans will be happy about this.

To me it seems far too soon. It just makes me realise how empty I feel & how pointless everything seems. I won't mention this again.
    Losing somebody close, isn't a new experience for Joe. He lost his dad as an infant, all his friends, when he moved to New York as a 12 year old, his 3 year old daughter died when he was in his early twenties, not to mention, "all the friends I used to run with are gone".

As a UK Walsh fan I'm hoping the One Hell Of A Night Tour is successful enough to be extended to Europe. Bad Company being British may help that, although some, solo Walsh, UK festival dates would, imo, be even better.

I'm unhappy that Joe is sharing the billing, presumably playing a 75-90 minute set list.

The live concert experience has changed so much since the seventies. The availability of major venues has increased dramatically. Imho, Joe's got the catalog and personality to fill them but he needs to play at least 2 hours to sell the tickets, otherwise, it's going to take Joe so long to get round the USA, that he'll be done touring before he even considers a adding European leg.

Stuck on the Border

My feeling is that if they are ready to play, I should be ready to hear. After all, Glenn continued to tour when his mother died.

I'm not such a big Walsh fan that I'd like to see him on a single bill whereas combined with Bad Company (and Steve Rodgers), it's something I'd like to see if it ever comes to the UK.

I think it just depends on an artist. Like UTW said, Glenn continued to tour after his mother died. She was probably buried while the guys had a couple days off. Celine went back to work a month after Rene died. Marie Osmond went back to doing her show with her brother after her son died. I just depends.

Life goes on for artists. You have to continue to provide for your family. Don has two teenagers still at home(he always says 3, but Annabel is 20 now), he has to provide for those two who are still home. Joe's two sons are up in age and they probably don't live with Joe.

Even though Don and Joe probably can retired right now, but they're not going to make the mega bucks they made when they were touring as a group since they toured for what 5 to 6 months out of the year. I don't think they will do that with their solo careers.

You never know when its time to start again. We don't know if Joe had already planned to tour with Bad Company before Glenn died. They probably had already planned this. So we don't know. We don't know if the guys were going to tour this year even if Glenn didn't get sick. Both Don and Joe said they were going to tour again this year last year. So we just don't know.

I want to see Joe and Don. And I also wanted to see the Eagles this year when they started back and now that's never going to happen. I just don't want to miss the opportunity with them. I have a better chance of seeing Don's solo show than Joe's. I just hate I can't see Joe in New Orleans.

I'm saying this up front. I'm not going against anybody who don't want to see the other guys in concert right now or think its too soon. I just want to put that out because I know I always get fussed at with my opinions sometimes and that sometimes makes me not want to post.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    My feeling is that if they are ready to play, I should be ready to hear. After all, Glenn continued to tour when his mother died.

I'm not such a big Walsh fan that I'd like to see him on a single bill whereas combined with Bad Company (and Steve Rodgers), it's something I'd like to see if it ever comes to the UK.
    Its Paul Rodgers.

They do have Steve Rodgers as guest