Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh and Bad Company "One Hell of a Night"

Default Re: Joe Walsh and Bad Company "One Hell of a Night"

Out of those venues (in addition to Blossom), I've been to Red Rocks, DTE Energy Music Theater, Chastain and the Cynthia Woods Pavilion. They're all outdoor venues. The Forum is indoors, but I think it's probably the exception because Azoff is an owner of it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I have mixed emotions regarding seeing Joe. I agree with a Soda that I can do without Bad Company. The amphitheater in Maryland Heights, Mo. seats 7,000. There are lawn seats as well as reserved. It is like an oven in the better front seats. There are no fans. If there is a meet and greet maybe......

Banned

Thanks for the info. The "One Hell Of A Night" venues are a lot bigger that I thought they were. Hopefully that means the tickets wont be too pricey.

I know Joe's a lot better known in his home country that he is beyond it's (or is it her ) borders but Bad Company must be also be bigger in the U.S.A. than the U.K., to fill those venues.

These are the size of venue I was hoping Joe would aspire to. Good on him and Bad Co. Despite getting off to the most horrendous start, 2016 could another Walsh year.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

My Dad brought up this concert last night and he's really wanting to go. He not only loves Joe but he's a huge fan of Bad Company too.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

I thought people might want to know that Mick Ralphs has been replaced by the Black Crowes' Rich Robinson for this tour.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/bad-c...rich-robinson/

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Just saw where Waddy Wachtel (of Stevie Nicks and Keith Richards fame) is playing guitar for Joe on this tour.

Damn, I wish I could be there. I love Waddy.

Oh excellent ! I love him too ! I am planning on the New Orleans gig...son just informed me he thinks its outdoors as well...wtf ?
    I'm too old for this shit lol

Banned

I'm not keen on Joe having a second guitarist but if he is going to have one, Waddy's a great choice.
    Joe's changed his band quite a bit since his winter shows. Maybe he was disapointed that they couldn't pull off the obscurities that he wanted to play, to his satisfaction.

I think Joe's back catalog is a lot more diverse than Bad Company's but, with the venues that they are playing and the inclusion of Waddy and Chas "Boom Boom" Cromwell on drums, it looks like Joe's planning to skip the pretty stuff and just rock out, going punch for punch with Bad Company.. Good look to Mick Ralph's replacement Rich Robinson and to Walsh new-boy, Jimmy Wallace too.

I used to dread the day when Joe would have several backing singers on stage with him. They haven't turned out so bad . Never, ever contemplated him having a "Sampler" in his band. Apparently, Clayton Janes was previously a part of the Eagles live crew.

Drums - Joe Vitale
    Drums - Chad Cromwell
    Guitar - Waddy Wachtel
    Bass - Larry Young
    Keyboards - Jimmy Wallace
    Backing Vocals - Leslie Fuller, Connie Jackson, Windy Wagner and Rickey Washington
    Samples - Clayton Janes

I expect the set list to be pretty tried and trusted. eg;

Walk Away
    Meadows
    In The City
    Analog Man
    Look At Us Now
    Turn To Stone
    The Bomber
    Funk #49
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Life In The Fast Lane
    Life's Been Good
    All Night Long

He may perform Good Man Down which he wrote with Waddy. Wrecking Ball and/or And The band Played On from his last album would be welcome additions. He usually lets his backing singers sing a cover song and there is an unlikely chance that he may have something new to play. It'll be interesting to see if Joe will include a song in honour of Glenn. Smugglers Blues seems the obvious choice, off the top of my head.

I'm still hoping for some Vitale flute.

I'm sincerely hoping he skips the pretty stuff. This will be an experience for me...
    My23 yr old son has been laid up since Sept 5, he usually attends Jazz Fest and Voodoo Fest with friends , but due to ankle surgeries and recovery being slow cannot do all that walking. He's very broke and very bummed and tired of hanging around the house with mommy I'm sure . I was trying to find a concert to attend with him that we both would enjoy and this came up...he would not be digging on the pretty stuff. He digs Joe Walsh and likes Bad Co. As well.Its been a rough time, but we have kind of gotten reacquainted through all this...I'm really stoked !
    Should be an experience for us both !

Banned

I've been waiting about 40 years for Joe to do a solo tour of the U.K.

This year's One Hell Of A Night co-headlining tour with Brits, Bad Company, had the promise of a late Summer / Autumn, U.K. leg but I read some very disappointing news this morning; http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2016...g-tour-of.html

Bad Company have announced a U.K. Tour for later this year as Joe revisits his U.S. venues once again
    I was really hoping for a chance to see Joe perform those tracks I've listened to my whole life before he gets too far past his peak.

Stuck on the Border

Well, if he won't come to you, perhaps you could go to him... Build a longer holiday around it.

I got to see the Eagles because I checked the North American tour schedule and saw they would be playing Toronto about a week after I'd planned to visit someone in Ontario and I was able to adjust my plans so I did both. Of course, as soon as I got back from that trip, they anounced the UK tour.