Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    No, she (the Ex) gets that for life and then their children for all eternity if I understand correctly. I'm not at all fluent in Legalese: http://www.woodllp.com/Publications/...ing_Assets.pdf

it.
    Interesting. I have never seen this information. It is all I have to go on, but it appears that Jennifer's portion of the royalties represents a division of assets, not alimony, so yes, it's hers even if she remarried. There was probably alimony and child support paid by Randy as well, and division of other assets like houses and personal items. The royalty payments are simply community property they acquired during the marriage and dividing proceeds from royalties is just one piece of the overall settlement.

Based on when they were married and the length of the marriage, if they had followed CA law she would have been entitled to 50%.

As her property, she may dispose of it upon her death as she wishes...to her children, to a charity, whatever.

Here's the formula... poor people married in high school + have three kids + hit the jackpot + stay married almost 20 years = they both are entitled to all things earned during that time, equally, unless there is a pre-marital agreement in place.

I think the only other Eagle who fits the formula is Felder. I wonder if his first wife is receiving royalty payments directly from the Eagles as well, or if she agreed to forego her share of royalties in exchange for something else in the settlement. Timothy was already in Poco when he got married, and wasn't married long enough. Was already separated when he hit the Eagles jackpot and not yet married to Jean when ICTYW came out.
    Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 04-07-2016 at 07:57 AM.