Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Wow, I heard she died but had no idea of the story until just now. How does a gun fall in a closet & go off on her head??. OMG! How horrible for Randy. Today is his birthday. I'm afraid not a very happy one for him. All so sad. Poor Randy. I feel for him & this terrible incident. RIP Lana. Prayers for the family
    I don't understand that either. I would have thought for a gun to fire & hit someone in the head, it has to be pointed at them. I don't see how the trigger could have been dislodged by moving the bag.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

The first thing that comes to my mind is why wasn't the gun safety on? Gun safety 101: Keep the safety lock on until you are ready to shoot no matter what.

Such a tragic accident. I feel for poor Randy, and I hope that he's getting the help he needs.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

According to the NY Daily News, the same alleged "friend" and attorney who tried to get Randy under conservatorship last year are getting involved in his present situation. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2556907

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Omg. I seriously can't.

Noooooooo... we don't need more of the legal craziness! this whole thing is just heartbreaking.
    ~ Tori
    https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/downloads/images/henley24.jpg

An article is combining the events of his events in the past with now. saying he is on psych watch after threatening to kill the staff and himself with an AK 47. that was last time. there is no way he could even be like that now. this is what upsets me about the media. Quick to spread lies on undeserving people.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    An article is combining the events of his events in the past with now. saying he is on psych watch after threatening to kill the staff and himself with an AK 47. that was last time. there is no way he could even be like that now. this is what upsets me about the media. Quick to spread lies on undeserving people.
    The NY Daily News article refers to the present situation. They reference the previous situation in one paragraph; they are not claiming it is what occurred in this current incident. They may believe it gives some background to the current situation.

In any case, given that he is indeed under pyschiatric care, I'm not sure that to state 'there is no way he could even be like that now' is entirely accurate.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

This is just so sad and all of this when it's his birthday.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    The NY Daily News article refers to the present situation. They reference the previous situation in one paragraph; they are not claiming it is what occurred in this current incident. They may believe it gives some background to the current situation.

In any case, given that he is indeed under pyschiatric care, I'm not sure that to state 'there is no way he could even be like that now' is entirely accurate.
    True. But I meant the circumstances are totally different now. he's a mess. But I don't think he threatened anyone. I would hope not

Stuck on the Border

It says he threatened to kill himself. It does not say he threatened anyone else.

Founding Eagles member Randy Meisner spent his 70th birthday on Tuesday in a psych ward for threatening suicide after his wife accidentally shot herself in the couple's California home, the Daily News confirmed.
    "He threatened to kill himself," said attorney Troy L. Martin, who represented a family friend in a conservatorship case for Meisner last year.

That is the current incident, not the previous one.

However I again state that the police had already attended the house prior to the fatal shooting.