Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

Forgive me if this is a stupid question...but I keep reading that Randy has "alcohol induced dementia "
    Does anyone know is this a permanent type of dementia or can it be reversed ?
    I'm guessing .,l and I could be wrong, but the brain injury that is described as due to trauma may be related to the choking incident when he likely was deprived of oxygen for an extended period of time .l.does anyone know any different ?

My heart goes out to those dealing with dementia and Alzheimer's.l.my mother had some dementia at the me of her life and it was heartbreaking .

It's just all so freaking sad ...life can be a bitch sometimes ...

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girl From Yesterday View Post
    Forgive me if this is a stupid question...but I keep reading that Randy has "alcohol induced dementia "
    Does anyone know is this a permanent type of dementia or can it be reversed ?
    I'm guessing .,l and I could be wrong, but the brain injury that is described as due to trauma may be related to the choking incident when he likely was deprived of oxygen for an extended period of time .l.does anyone know any different ?

My heart goes out to those dealing with dementia and Alzheimer's.l.my mother had some dementia at the me of her life and it was heartbreaking .

It's just all so freaking sad ...life can be a bitch sometimes ...
    that was the other thing too I kept seeing that he had a traumatic brain injury BUT it kept coming from those other people I believe. I didn't remember ever reading that he has a brain injury. i was actually going to ask you all here if you have. but yeah I think that could be caused from lack of oxygen.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

He had a traumatic brain injury from the choking accident in 2013, his brain was starved of oxygen for a time. People can recover from it - some completely, some not. Every case is unique. Randy reportedly spent 10 months in a rehab hospital and received physical and cognitive therapy.

Two of Randy's estranged relations claimed he had alcohol-induced dementia, sometimes these same people said he had Alzheimer's, then they said he was recovering his memory. I personally wouldn't believe a damn thing they say.

I got the sense that Randy requested a conservator to protect himself. He seems afraid of his family, or at least his ex, who is the one driving the legal actions.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    He had a traumatic brain injury from the choking accident in 2013, his brain was starved of oxygen for a time. People can recover from it - some completely, some not. Every case is unique. Randy reportedly spent 10 months in a rehab hospital and received physical and cognitive therapy.

Two of Randy's estranged relations claimed he had alcohol-induced dementia, sometimes these same people said he had Alzheimer's, then they said he was recovering his memory. I personally wouldn't believe a damn thing they say.

I got the sense that Randy requested a conservator to protect himself. He seems afraid of his family, or at least his ex, who is the one driving the legal actions.
    yeah. we wont really know until he is well enough to talk about it. I go by that rule too. if it doesn't come from the horses mouth I wont believe a word.

Yes, NMB, he pretty much said that:

"Also unusual, Serbin said, was one of Meisner's reasons for asking for his own conservator. Meisner said in the petition he was 'increasingly anxious' that Newton or his children would attempt to contact him or file again for a conservatorship."

It seems he hopes that if he has a conservator that he picks, he won't have to worry about his estate - really, his entire life - being controlled by someone he doesn't trust.

Again, it's a shame he feels he can't trust his own family. Maybe if they give him some time to heal from Lana's death, there might be hope for reconciliation and the rebuilding of trust. Even if this Newton guy is the most qualified person in the world, if Randy views him with suspicion and resentment, how can he really help Randy's mental health?

Lest I come off as hostile to the children, let me say that I do sincerely hope there comes a time when the Meisners can be a true family again. Blood is blood.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    that was the other thing too I kept seeing that he had a traumatic brain injury BUT it kept coming from those other people I believe. I didn't remember ever reading that he has a brain injury. i was actually going to ask you all here if you have. but yeah I think that could be caused from lack of oxygen.

Pretty sure I read it in the court documents or at least an article about them....sigh

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yes, he pretty much said that:

"Also unusual, Serbin said, was one of Meisner's reasons for asking for his own conservator. Meisner said in the petition he was 'increasingly anxious' that Newton or his children would attempt to contact him or file again for a conservatorship."

It seems he hopes that if he has a conservator that he picks, he won't have to worry about his estate - really, his entire life - being controlled by someone he doesn't trust.

Again, it's a shame he feels he can't trust his own family. Maybe if they give him some time to heal from Lana's death, there might be hope for reconciliation and the rebuilding of trust. Even if this Newton guy is the most qualified person in the world, if Randy views him with suspicion and resentment, how can he really help Randy's mental health?

Lest I come off as hostile to the children, let me say that I do truly hope there comes a time when the Meisners can be a true family again. Blood is blood.

Agreed ... I'm a sap, cause I keep thinking of the joy grand and great grand children might bring him....but then again, maybe not ..l(shrugs)

I agree with Soda and NMB's recent comments. Randy took preventative action in asking for help managing his medical and financial affairs. He seemed afraid of what the other side would do.
    Lana's brother has vowed to tell what he knows of the story as he occasionally posts on a few fan sites. Her family has been kind to Randy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post

It's pretty obvious that Randy has requested his own conservator, to avoid getting lumbered with people he didn't trust, which is currently, just about everybody. The decision will be reassessed in a month or two, so the judge aint that confident in his choice but is willing to give them a go.

The CBS report, by Erin Donaghue; (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/court-ba...andy-meisner/) gives quite an extensive list of expert analysis of Randy's condition, alongside the comments made by family, friends and acquaintances, but even expert analysis can be conflicting and inaccurate.

It's an awful end for Lana but I believe she was an obstacle in Randy getting the help he needed over the last few years.

randy'sgirl, unlike Randy's children, I believe Lana's brother is on Randy's pay-roll.

Out on the Border

And his 40% ex-wife isn't? His three adult kids aren't? Wonder who told you Lana's brother is!