Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

Out on the Border

Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

"I cannot emphasize enough that trying to get to the truth about anything in Randy's life is to venture down the proverbial rabbit hole"
    And THIS NMB, is the most straight up true thing I've read since I got down in this danged rabbit hole!

My take and only my take ...mind you as with everyone else , all have to go on is what is reports and what is documented in court proceedings .
    And by the way, I realize that my take matters not .

While I firmly believe that Randy thinks that he knows what is best for him, I also have my doubts ( and it pains me to think it ) that Randy is mentally stable enough to know what is best for him. I have not come to this conclusion from anything that has been said by either Randy's children ( ex included ),or Lanas family . I have read things from both sides that have put doubt in my mind and so I simply have to dismiss most of it.
    Clearly there is or has been some substance abuse issues and some sort of brain injury involved that could leave a person in the not best frame of mind to always make the best decisions for their well being.
    Addicts in general , ( and alcohol is a drug ) most of the time will tend to resent and be suspicious of those who are trying to get and keep them clean and sober, and will try to cut them out of their lives due to developing paranoid that these people are " out to get them "
    I have no idea if that is the case here, but from what I have read and seen , it leaves a doubt in my mind if that is not the case to some extent .
    I understand that Randy wants to make his own decisions and is against the court appointing a team to do so. To give up the freedom to make your own choices is not an easy thing to do.But m he has asked for help.
    I have read and seen enough of people on both sides of the fence as to which side is the one who does not have good intentions that it scrambles ones brain to try to keep it all straight .Regardless of what is the truth of Randy's situation at this time, all that drama isn't going to help him one little bit.
    That is why I am sitting here perched firmly on the fence , In am not so sure that with a history of alcohol and possibly drug abuse, brain injury and medical issues that Randy is capable of making decisions as to what is in his best interest and who to trust.
    Maybe it just might be a good thing for the court to appoint a team of experienced and qualified professional ps who have no affiliation or allegiance with either Randy's kids or Lanas family and only are concerned that he get the medical and legal care that is in his best interest, and are not swayed by the "he said, she said" that has and is taking place.
    Sometimes a fresh start with new people at the reins can be a good thing.
    I know this is not a popular opinion, but it's mine and it seems to me that it may be the best option for Randy's best interest .

Quote Originally Posted by lovejunker View Post
    "I cannot emphasize enough that trying to get to the truth about anything in Randy's life is to venture down the proverbial rabbit hole"
    And THIS NMB, is the most straight up true thing I've read since I got down in this danged rabbit hole!

Agreed...this is what lead me to the conclusion that an appointed neutral third party might not be such a bad idea ... Shrugs

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

The thing is though - and I'm far from an expert in the field - but apparently there is a lot of financial abuse in the conservator situation. I'm speaking of professional "neutral" conservators appointed by the court. They're not neutral when it comes to preserving their gravy train.

There was an L.A. Times article about the situation that mentions Frumeh Labow - the person suggested for Randy last year. She works hand-in-hand with Dr. David Trader, the "psychiatric expert" hired to evaluate Randy. BTW, there was another psychiatrist who evaluated Randy, but he didn't come to the same conclusion that Randy is impaired.
    http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-c...v13-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    The thing is though - and I'm far from an expert in the field - but apparently there is a lot of financial abuse in the conservator situation. I'm speaking of professional "neutral" conservators appointed by the court. They're not neutral when it comes to preserving their gravy train.

There was an L.A. Times article about the situation that mentions Frumeh Labow - the person suggested for Randy last year. She works hand-in-hand with Dr. David Trader, the "psychiatric expert" hired to evaluate Randy. BTW, there was another psychiatrist who evaluated Randy, but he didn't come to the same conclusion that Randy is impaired.
    http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-c...v13-story.html

I do understand this and the financial issue is
    A concern and it probably needs to be closely monitored by the
    Courts .
    Two different evaluations in my opinion
    Make it even more pertinent that another neutral
    Party evaluate him .
    I would think that would be a safer plan than
    Just picking one .
    I would not like to be the judge in this case at all ... No winners here .

Edited to add that I am forming this opinion
    Only because it appears obvious that someone
    Will be appointed .
    I am not in favor of a conservatorship unless
    It can be deemed temporary and reversible
    Ala Brittney Spears . I dont like the idea of it at all .
    Last edited by Girl From Yesterday; 04-04-2016 at 12:54 PM.

Out on the Border

I have read quite a few things about Labow and there is alot written about the financial abuse in these situations. Labow has been written in articles about cleaning out her clients accounts. Overcharging for everything to pad their own pockets. Not saying just Labow but many conservatorships. That's why it's supposed to be an extreme last resort option.
    Every expert is going to come to a different conclusion about a person's mental stability. If Randy asked for help, good for him. Family does not have to be blood relatives. Doesn't seem by the court case and articles posted that his own blood relatives have had much to do with him. Lana's family seems to have been very much there for him and Lana over the years, whereas I'm gathering from what Randy said about being worried that his children would get involved again, that's not a situation he wanted to go down again, as he did last year. No one can tell his mental state by reading a few TMZ articles

I for one am appalled at how quickly a psycholigical
    Evaluation can be completed in someone .
    I really think it should take more than a few
    Hours with someone to be able to turn around and
    Label them .Seems to me it should be a process
    That requires some time .

Out on the Border

This LA Times article on CA professional conservators makes my chest hurt. I think I will go double check my durable POA and such. Even if Randy's friends aren't necessarily "qualified", it seems like maybe this is a good move, best to go with the devil you know. Goodness though, who the heck knows!

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by lovejunker View Post
    So it is.

Out on the Border

Why is there so little, or even any, information about Lana, early pics of them together, how they met etc.? It just isn't out there. Just curious.