Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That's bizarre stuff isn't it? Randy's ex and his daughter were outraged at "their" money being spent on home renovations and cruise vacations. Like it's any of their business how Randy and his wife spend their money. Such a strong and inappropriate sense of ownership is crazy, IMO.

His ex gets 40% of Randy's Eagles royalties - that is enough to live very comfortably in Nebraska or anywhere else. Who knows why Randy's eldest son doesn't have health insurance and needs to borrow money from his dad for car repairs. Someone is wasting the money but it probably wasn't Lana.

Moving to higher ground: Rick Roberts of Firefall recovered from a traumatic brain injury and alcoholism. He and Randy of course joined forces in the Meisner-Roberts Band for several years in the 80s. I hope they're still in touch.

I agree about the money part...unless it is true that she did not want to spend money on his medical care as the kids allege then I would have a problem with that as well. I also agree with the "me time " . There again are the allegations of the money being spent on a boyfriend . So little is known about Lana ...I had no idea that she had a profession and or income of her own.
    I have followed this over the years as well off and on and the part that was upsetting to me is where not only his kids , but also some of his friends have said that they had to go through Lana to have any communication with Randy .
    That was troubling to me .I have dealt with that with my brother and his ex wife and it's not fun ! Then if we did get to speak to him she either was on another line or he was on speaker phone .. aaarrrggghhh
    It would be interesting to know if the animosity with the kids and Lana was always there or if it developed over the years . Did she try to buffer and encourage his relationship with his kids, or did she add fuel to the fire and encourage the alienation as they allege ?
    That's a hard situation, I've been the step-mom to pretty much grown children and my own mother sat me down and told me that if I loved this man I should do everything in my power to try to preserve or encourage him having a relationship with them ....After all she reminded me , they were his kids long before I entered the picture . It took a lot of sucking it up and brushing off my own hurt feelings over especially the daughters treatment of me , but long after their father and I split but remained friends, I still encourage him to at least make some kind of peace with her before it's too late .
    The money part isn't that big of a deal to me, what's a cruise when he is worth millions ?Its not anyone business how they spend their own money . It's the neglect of care that is alleged that is bothersome to me .And if it's true that she was a catalyst for the alienation of his children that is a problem .
    Also , they allege that she supplied him with drugs and alcohol...is this suppose to mean that she partied with him , or she just made it readily available to him. Enablers are the worst. My ex hubs mother gives her narcotics to her sons who have been in and out of rehabs,gives them money and basically feeds their addictions,She does it because she loves them and doesn't want to see them hurt and does not realize she is slowly killing them.
    My point being, if this allegation is true , was it done with bad intentions or out of the illusion that she was helping him ? My ex mother in law has a heart of gold and nothing she does is done with bad intent..it just has those ramifications that she cannot see due to her love of her children. Is this perhaps what the situation was here and not that she kept him drunk for her own benefit ?Or is it a case of two people with substance abuse problems ? Or is Randy clean and sober and has been for a very long time as Lanas brother posted ?
    So many questions while so little is really known about the truth, which I remain convinced lies somewhere in the middle ...All at the expense of Randy's well being .I am looking forward to seeing what Jeff ( Lanas brother ) is saying he is going to expose, I do think that at the least he may be sugar coating a few things , such as Randy is doing well and is and has been clean and sober for a very long time ? If this were the case then why petition the courts and ask for a conservatorship , and why were the police called to the home with reports of an intoxicated man ?
    We have heard so much over the years from the children and the ex wife's side of things that I am curious as to what Jeff is saying he is going to expose .Maybe some of this will shed a little more light into what is really going on here.
    God bless Randy Meisner and help him to be strong and make the right decisions to help him find some sort of peace in his life .

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JennyCH View Post
    Does anyone know where Randy is now? Is he receiving mental health and/or chemical dependence treatment? Are guns still in his home?
    He's home. I don't know. No.

Out on the Border

While Randy had girlfriends after the divorce, live in or relationships, they would be no threat to the family, particularly the ex-wife. The minute he got married, whoever he had married, they didn't stand a chance.

They would have been a threat to any inheritance they believed was their right. Spending "their" money on such things as having a life together. He could have married a much younger woman who wanted to have his babies. There's a thought.

Was there a clause in the 40% pension that it could be lost if the recipient re-married?

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Just because I go on girls weekends with my girlfriends doesn't mean I'm not in a partnership with my husband. And why always vilify the second wife. As for controlling, I take care of the social, checkbook, and basic running of our household. That doesn't make me controlling. Some men like to be taken care of, they don't want to be bothered. And yes, people do stay together who are bad for each other. They are comfortable with familiarity.
    I agree with what you said Olivia, that is why I said maybe he didn't want to go. I too have a husband who wants nothing to do with the control of the household. Which may well be true in Randy's case. But it just seems to me with his health declining and him needing emotional and physical help Lana would have stepped up to the plate to help him.I was shocked at how declined he looked in that TMZ video. I know many 70 yr old people who still look damn good, even after a life of drugs and rock n roll. I know I would help my spouse if he was in terrible shape, and I bet you would do the same for your spouse. I wasn't vilifying her, just stating what I'd read in many different articles. I just don't think I'd be taking a cruise if my spouse were ill. It's obvious they both had/have problems. You are correct a lot of people stay together because of familiarity. That's a sad truth.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

DJ,

Randy had a nurse stay with him constantly at least once that I know of while Lana was on a cruise. Supposedly Lana took care of Randy all the time and needed a break once a year. Being a caregiver is very draining emotionally and physically tiring. I have had to do this several times for my hubby, and I feel some empathy for Lana or anyone who has to do this, especially if it is ongoing. The cruise was one Lana and Randy normally took together while he was with WCR. I guess after Randy's choking incident he did not want to go or wasn't able to. I am not defending Lana, just saying that those who are criticizing her may have no idea what she went through.
    I would hesitate to leave town also if my spouse were ill but under the circumstances I can better understand it. Randy's issues were ongoing. If the wife never gets a break and she falls ill, she cannot care for her husband.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

To shed light on the subject of recovering from drug and alcoholism at a older age and is still going strong, we still have Keith Richards. I mean, if HE can recover and be well so can Randy. we can only hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    To shed light on the subject of recovering from drug and alcoholism at a older age and is still going strong, we still have Keith Richards. I mean, if HE can recover and be well so can Randy. we can only hope for the best

Haha ! Good point !

Out on the Border

Lana took a well deserved short cruise break from caring for Randy and the nurse, posing as friend, who moved into their home to care for him was planted in there in order to give evidence put forward against Randy and Lana in the court hearings. Prowling round his house taking pics and sharing them all over FB.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    Lana took a well deserved short cruise break from caring for Randy and the nurse, posing as friend, who moved into their home to care for him was planted in there in order to give evidence put forward against Randy and Lana in the court hearings. Prowling round his house taking pics and sharing them all over FB.
    That sucks.I was always under the impression that Marla was friendly with Randy and Lana first.Then Jennifer.
    I will go so far as to say that if I'm really concerned about someone's welfare
    I wouldn't be above snooping, just depends on the circumstances and motives .

Twiggy's comments are correct about the nurse. She was a "plant." Not sure how long it took for Randy and Lana to discover this.