Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 290

Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

  1. #141
    Border Desperado
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Boston, for now...
    Posts
    157

    Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

    I have to admit that after I heard about this awful tragedy, I was hoping that perhaps this may bring Randy closer to his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. Maybe it was just a selfish way to make myself feel better as if to say, " Well although this horrific event occurred, at least he is speaking with and allowing his kids to care for him."

    I guess it isn't that easy, but I am still hoping that maybe one day, they can reconcile. Randy must feel very alone and his kids very hurt.

  2. #142
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,470

    Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

    You know, Jennifer and her kids are not my buddies, but I do hope he can reconcile with his kids and grandkids. It takes compromises on both sides, but I think it's worth the effort when it's your own children, even if they aren't behaving in a way you approve of. I hope he finds a way to forgive.

    This should be none of our business but it seems the parties involved want us to know all about it!

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  3. #143
    Out on the Border
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    You know, Jennifer and her kids are not my buddies, but I do hope he can reconcile with his kids and grandkids. It takes compromises on both sides, but I think it's worth the effort when it's your own children, even if they aren't behaving in a way you approve of. I hope he finds a way to forgive.

    This should be none of our business but it seems the parties involved want us to know all about it!
    Wise words. He must feel betrayed by them. Plastering personal details about him all over social media for years. While supposed to be derogatory details about his then alive wife, who never fought back in public, it was him who lost his privacy and his dignity. Grooming somebody to pose as a friend of theirs to gain access to their home as a spy. Randy and his wife trusted that person.

    Going to court to put him under a Conservatorship, separate him from his wife, and no matter how many denials there are to this, the court papers show they asked to be granted probate and it was refused.

    Forgiveness could take a while.

    Agree it isn't our business but it seems the parties involved want it to be our business and always have.

  4. #144
    Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,025

    Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

    I definitely don't think Randy ever wanted anything public, it is unfortunate that when he gets involved in the court system or with law enforcement system the information becomes public. This whole situation could have legs if:
    1) The conservatorship is contested and becomes court record; 2) the investigation into crazy gun/spurs situation reveals any new info; 3) if law enforcement does follow up on the threatening texts to Lana. Otherwise, if his family stays quiet, which I bet they will now that Lana is gone, we may never hear anything else again about him (as far as these sad events, I mean, not his music legacy)

  5. #145
    Stuck on the Border Topkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    3,320

    Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

    I haven't really kept up with all the things going on with the court case & his children, however maybe they can find some peace together & reunite. It really depends of Randy's state of mind, which I'm sure right now is very fragile & if his kids are willing to step up & help their father. What a terrible ordeal. I feel so bad for Randy

  6. #146

    Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

    Ditto ... I am not friends or even casual acquaintances with any of the parties involved .
    Merely a looooongtime fan of Randys who has read things over the years .
    Not sure exactly what the truth is and likely lies somewhere in between what has been put out there over the years .
    Randy has to be on a dark lonely path right now and i hope that somehow at the very least some sort of peace can be found between them . I know it pained me to see my son estranged from his father although his fathers actions due to his addictions were at the heart of it . My son talked a tough talk but i could see it hurt him as well .
    Nowadays they have some sort of relationship that while isnt the best gives me peace of mind that my son wont end up with a huge pile of regret when his father passes . I also see my son have more self esteem as a result .
    It took him accepting ( not approving ) his father for who he is and establishing boundaries with his father .
    I dont know all the issues but i do hope that at least some sort of relationship can be worked out .
    As in our case , it may not be ideal , and it may not work for everyone else , but i think you have to do what works for you . As tentative as it may be .
    Whatever the truth of the issues may be i hope they can accomplish this .

  7. #147
    Out on the Border
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

    Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I definitely don't think Randy ever wanted anything public, it is unfortunate that when he gets involved in the court system or with law enforcement system the information becomes public. This whole situation could have legs if:
    1) The conservatorship is contested and becomes court record; 2) the investigation into crazy gun/spurs situation reveals any new info; 3) if law enforcement does follow up on the threatening texts to Lana. Otherwise, if his family stays quiet, which I bet they will now that Lana is gone, we may never hear anything else again about him (as far as these sad events, I mean, not his music legacy)
    A very logical and factual point of view. What does "The conservatorship is contested and becomes court record" mean please? That the current application for Conservatorship from his own choice of friends and advisors is contested so it has to go through the courts yet again? That Randy has to go through court hearings for a second time to determine his future? Or will he throw his hands up in submission and say he doesn't really care anymore.

    The threatening texts! By the time Lana made those hysterical phone calls that were saved and posted on YouTube and remained there for over a year, wonder how many threatening texts she'd received to drive her to make those calls. The family got their way. Lana has gone.

    Randy's voice, songs and music is his legacy.

  8. #148
    Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,025

    Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

    If everyone (Randy, the former conservator, anyone else who has an interest) can all agree on what is going to happen, there wouldn't be hearings, just some papers filed and signed. If there's not agreement, it could go to a court hearing, like last time, which the media reported on.

    It's important to understand it was not his choice of friends who were granted the conservatorship last time - Randy didn't want it. The premise of a conservatorship is that Randy is incapable of knowing what is best for himself. They may be able to work completely outside of the court to set him up safely, if everyone can agree.

  9. #149
    Out on the Border
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

    Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    If everyone (Randy, the former conservator, anyone else who has an interest) can all agree on what is going to happen, there wouldn't be hearings, just some papers filed and signed. If there's not agreement, it could go to a court hearing, like last time, which the media reported on.

    It's important to understand it was not his choice of friends who were granted the conservatorship last time - Randy didn't want it. The premise of a conservatorship is that Randy is incapable of knowing what is best for himself. They may be able to work completely outside of the court to set him up safely, if everyone can agree.
    The court records from 2015/16 were available on request to the public. It was stated in the documents he wanted no contact with his children. Perhaps he'll change his mind now Lana is dead. Perhaps they can mediate and come to an agreement.

    Perhaps his children can get on a plane, turn up, throw their arms wide open, hug him and say 'Hello Dad, we love you' That could melt his heart.

  10. #150
    Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Randyland
    Posts
    3,666

    Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

    Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    The court records from 2015/16 were available on request to the public. It was stated in the documents he wanted no contact with his children. Perhaps he'll change his mind now Lana is dead.
    Where in the documents from the conservatorship case did Randy say he didn't want contact with his children? I have several of the court transcripts but didn't see that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •