Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    No, she (the Ex) gets that for life and then their children for all eternity if I understand correctly. I'm not at all fluent in Legalese: http://www.woodllp.com/Publications/...ing_Assets.pdf

it.
    Interesting. I have never seen this information. It is all I have to go on, but it appears that Jennifer's portion of the royalties represents a division of assets, not alimony, so yes, it's hers even if she remarried. There was probably alimony and child support paid by Randy as well, and division of other assets like houses and personal items. The royalty payments are simply community property they acquired during the marriage and dividing proceeds from royalties is just one piece of the overall settlement.

Based on when they were married and the length of the marriage, if they had followed CA law she would have been entitled to 50%.

As her property, she may dispose of it upon her death as she wishes...to her children, to a charity, whatever.

Here's the formula... poor people married in high school + have three kids + hit the jackpot + stay married almost 20 years = they both are entitled to all things earned during that time, equally, unless there is a pre-marital agreement in place.

I think the only other Eagle who fits the formula is Felder. I wonder if his first wife is receiving royalty payments directly from the Eagles as well, or if she agreed to forego her share of royalties in exchange for something else in the settlement. Timothy was already in Poco when he got married, and wasn't married long enough. Was already separated when he hit the Eagles jackpot and not yet married to Jean when ICTYW came out.
    Last edited by MaryCalifornia; 04-07-2016 at 07:57 AM.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Her property, her responsibility for taxes! Though I'm sure she hasn't lived in Nebraska for some time...Maine?

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Her property, her responsibility for taxes! Though I'm sure she hasn't lived in Nebraska for some time...Maine?
    Its my understanding that the whole Maine thing
    Is to throw people off...
    Not sure how true that is mind you .
    Im guessing that when she realized her 40 percent actually
    Ended up being about 30 after taxes is when she wanted
    Randy to pay her taxes .... Too late ...

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Not Maine. Nebraska.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    "Dirty Laundry"
    Randy and Lana's "Dirty Laundry" was aired a long time before this new load of "Dirty Laundry" is openly spoken about. There appears to be a woman here who gets off on court action.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I have become increasingly uncomfortable with the direction this thread has taken over the last few days. I would have stepped in last night, but it was late when I got home. This discussion has devolved into speculation about Randy’s personal situation without knowing the facts and making inflammatory and judgmental comments. We have cautioned about this numerous times in the past. As always, if you're not sure where to draw the line, then please err on the side of caution and withhold your comments. And, as always, that actually applies to all threads on the board, not just here.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Desperado

Yeah, the whole thing has made me a bit upset. It's great to be fans and I absolutely love Randy, but I am a FAN. Even if I had the opportunity to meet or share a few words here and there with Lana or his ex regarding his condition and or status of ongoing relationships, I would take them at face value. Being a nurse, one thing I can say is family dynamics that are already strained heighten dramatically when a family member's health is in jeopardy, there is substance or any type of abuse, or mental health issues. A history of bad blood for whatever reason does not help.
    None of these people close to Randy are going to tell a fan what the real scoop is IMO. I don't mean to be a downer, but that's ridiculous. I am surprised Lana or Jennifer were even talking directly to fans regarding Randy's condition anyway. And now the brother in law Jeff? Do we need to ask ourselves why this poor man is so filled with anxiety and completely depressed? I would want to be on a desert island as far away from human contact as possible if I were him as he probably feels he can't trust anyone, and that may even include his fans as well, no matter how good our intentions may be.
    As someone recently posted, this isn't "Days of our Lives" we are discussing. It is the life of a very fragile man who witnessed his wife accidentally blow her head off and was so distraught was on a suicide watch on a psych hold. I feel pretty creepy participating in a thread regarding his financial earnings, alimony, etc.

Out on the Border

My god some of you people are awful. None of you here know Randy, Lana, Jennifer, or his kids. Some of the comments about his family are horrible. Speculation about a nurse as a "plant" put there by Jennifer, his "spoiled" kids.... this is all hateful gossip. I'm not going to start quoting and refuting what individual people said... it just isn't worth the time or energy to argue with gossipmongers.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

^^^^I don't think any of us could or would claim to comment with any real authority on matters such as these. After all, we're just mere posters on a fan site, and not cable/network news reporters. That's why we post--Often as not, we know nothing and are trying to figure it all out, none of our business though it may be.

This is a difficult situation for a lot of people to comprehend, and there are people who will add in 'guesstimates' and even a surmission or two in an effort to make sense of it all. It is somewhat understandable. Of course, some speculation does get out of bounds, and I'd imagine the moderators would crack down if it did get really bad.

And just as easily as I threw my hat into this discussion, I bow out.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

I IMO believe it is best to lay it all to rest! We have no Idea what is happening or has happened with anything in Randy's life. Unless we personally have interacted with him, I believe enough has been said. All we can do is hope and pray he is well and getting care & treatment for his ill's. His conservator will be decided by a Judge on Oct 14th. We can only hope it's what he wants and will benefit him. God Bless him.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............