Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

Out on the Border

Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

Maybe this has been mentioned already. Based on the news reports over the years, Randy had been treated poorly by her. I truly believe she had called earlier to make a set up call /justification call so when she took his life later and called 911 she could claim self defense, It turns out Randy ended up making that call. Very sad..... I'm just glad he wasn't hurt and has been cleared. It has been a very tough time for him over the years with her. I hope he can recover from all of it

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Or she may have been hiding the gun from Randy, to protect him from himself. We'll never know.

I too hope that Randy will recover and enjoy a new beginning. He's a wonderful man who's been through hell.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    In the DV report, she did not want to press charges. Makes one wonder why if she truly felt in danger, which I am not in anyway saying she didn't, why not get him out of the home if he was threatening, or acting erratic as the article states.
    Unfortunately, it is EXTREMELY common for victims of DV to recant, especially when the alleged abuser is present. This is a fundamental and expected element in the cycle of abuse, happens all the time. What you are proposing DJ - "why not get him out of the home" - is classic victim blaming. Randy appears to have recanted his 2010 allegations of abuse (he actually went so far as to file a restraining order) as well - again, very typical.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Here is part of the 911 call from Randy - sounds like the end of the call...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2561989

Border Desperado

What a truly heinous event. May Lana RIP and Randy and her family try to find some comfort during this trying time. After what he witnessed, it will take quite some time to heal and process all of it. I do believe that with a solid support system and excellent, consistent therapy ( not just the usual trend of throwing pills down someone's throat that is often seen in psychiatry these days, although some medication will still likely be needed), he can overcome the PTSD in time and find a way out of this black cloud. Hopefully he stay away from the comment section of the news reports and Facebook postings as people can really be so vile and cruel. Like everyone here, my prayers go out to him and I wish him love and light.

How heartbreaking !
    I have read so many nasty posts and comments with people declaring they know he did it..I hope he never ventures onto the Internet .
    People have him tried and convicted of being an abusive murdered...it makes my blood boil.
    I have followed the stories through the years and while I did not live in their home I have formed some of my own opinions.
    My son got into an abusive relationship and it's something that many do not comprehend...it's not always the man who is the abuser.
    My heart is truly sick for him with this turn of events .He sounds so fragile ..
    I hope he can recover from this and with the help of his family and friends who really care for him and have his best interest at heart make a new life for himself.
    Oh... I just want to cry for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Derk View Post
    Maybe this has been mentioned already. Based on the news reports over the years, Randy had been treated poorly by her. I truly believe she had called earlier to make a set up call /justification call so when she took his life later and called 911 she could claim self defense, It turns out Randy ended up making that call. Very sad..... I'm just glad he wasn't hurt and has been cleared. It has been a very tough time for him over the years with her. I hope he can recover from all of it
    With CC footage everywhere, she could hardly hope to get away with such a thing. Just as we don't want to throw around accusations of Randy, we shouldn't throw them around about Lana either. I know there is a lot of bad feeling towards her on the Internet but when people like an earlier poster are saying she karmically deserved to get her head blown off... I find that kind of rhetoric very disturbing, frankly. Those are the kind of people I hope don't own guns themselves!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I could not listen to that 911 call. His voice is soo sad and I couldn't listen any more my heartbreaks for hi.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I believe most all of us on this board wish Randy the very best. I appreciate that even though we have varying perspectives here, for the most part, the discussion in this thread has remained civil and polite during such an emotionally charged time. Randy and Lana deserve nothing less from his fans.

I hope Randy can get 100% healthy again ...

And R.I.P. Lana.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Well said Dreamer. I am sickened by the horrible comments on some sites by people who know nothing about Randy and probably did not know who he is until he began getting negative exposure in the press recently.
    I noticed some articles have called him Ex Eagles bassist but others saying Eagles bassist which may get more attention because it leads to the belief that he is still with the band. Just an observation.