Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    A very logical and factual point of view. What does "The conservatorship is contested and becomes court record" mean please? That the current application for Conservatorship from his own choice of friends and advisors is contested so it has to go through the courts yet again? That Randy has to go through court hearings for a second time to determine his future? Or will he throw his hands up in submission and say he doesn't really care anymore.

The threatening texts! By the time Lana made those hysterical phone calls that were saved and posted on YouTube and remained there for over a year, wonder how many threatening texts she'd received to drive her to make those calls. The family got their way. Lana has gone.

Randy's voice, songs and music is his legacy.

I never heard them...And why on earth were they on you tube ?
    Last edited by Girl From Yesterday; 03-18-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Where in the documents from the conservatorship case did Randy say he didn't want contact with his children? I have several of the court transcripts but didn't see that.
    I had never seen that anywhere either ...

Border Desperado

Are these court documents something you have to pay for or free to the public? Just curious.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

You can look at the case summary for free if you have the case number. Each search for the case number is $1.

If you want transcripts of the hearing(s), that'll cost you more. The cost depends on if the court reporter has already transcribed the hearing, i.e. if she's had other requests for it. In my very limited experience, costs can run $20 - $50 per transcript.

Some documents are not available online in probate cases. For things such as witness statements, you have to physically show up at the appropriate L.A. courthouse and request to see the documents. I live clear across the country so that's not feasible for me. Plus, I have to draw the line somewhere

Border Desperado

Thanks for answering! I just wasn't sure if these things were readily available online in PDF format or not. I wasn't about to go into Magnum P.I. mode and hunt down documents at courthouses :P
    Hoping that no news in the press recently in good news. Praying for that

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Has anyone heard of how he's doing? I thought about him last night. and I heard nothing but eagles songs today on rotation in my Pandora. Losing someone that close together to someone else you cared a lot about does take a toll on you...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    Has anyone heard of how he's doing? I thought about him last night. and I heard nothing but eagles songs today on rotation in my Pandora. Losing someone that close together to someone else you cared a lot about does take a toll on you...
    I've been wondering as well...I feel like a stalker cause I keep coming here to check and see if any news. Keep hoping to come here and see some happy news...
    Such a sweetheart to be going through such a tragedy ...regardless of whatever past circumstances may truly be , ( and I don't know ) it's truly a heartbreaker .

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Girl From Yesterday View Post
    I had never seen that anywhere either ...
    Maybe this is what was meant. Talks about his estranged children:
    http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/15/eagles...nservatorship/

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Unfortunately, it is EXTREMELY common for victims of DV to recant, especially when the alleged abuser is present. This is a fundamental and expected element in the cycle of abuse, happens all the time. What you are proposing DJ - "why not get him out of the home" - is classic victim blaming. Randy appears to have recanted his 2010 allegations of abuse (he actually went so far as to file a restraining order) as well - again, very typical.
    MC, I understand what you mean. They both had obvious problems. It is a very sad situation with domestic violence. I think what I was trying to say with "get him out of the home" was to protect both parties involved. It's just a very bad situation that turned tragic. I heard the 911 call, it was very sad. He was depended upon her and she was on him, After 20+ years. As they say oil and water never mix. And when drugs and alcohol are involved it's even worse.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girl From Yesterday View Post
    I've been wondering as well...I feel like a stalker cause I keep coming here to check and see if any news. Keep hoping to come here and see some happy news...
    Such a sweetheart to be going through such a tragedy ...regardless of whatever past circumstances may truly be , ( and I don't know ) it's truly a heartbreaker .
    I know. its horrible. I just hope the people that are taking care of him is doing exactly that. God only knows he can use as many friendly faces as he can find.