Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

I keep checking in here too. Checking various Randy fan sites. No one seems to have any new information. I hope Randy can get some peace in his life. Since 2013 he has had a string of difficult events. Sadly, sometimes bad events are the impetus for positive changes. I hope that is the case for Randy. I watched some early Eagles videos where he and Glenn are so young and slender, smiling...who could have ever predicted what was to befall them. One is gone and the other has been through hell. Hopefully better days ahead for Randy.

That's all we can hope for. I know we're all hungry for news, myself included, but maybe it's best that Randy stays out of the spotlight right now.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

TMZ has a brief story today that James Newton, the self-described friend who filed for a conservatorship over Randy last year, is trying again.
    http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/31/randy-...ental-illness/

It's all just very sad, and lovely TMZ just has to keep a story going. I do not believe a word they say. It's a Rag web page worse then the Enquirer!!
    I mean, who interviews someone in front of a dumpster and then asks those stupid questions, "you don't give your dog whiskey?" What kind of respectable journalist says something like that. Nope don't believe a word.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well DJ - I definitely agree with you that this is all very sad. However, I really can't lay the blame on TMZ for this. Granted they are known for their sensationalist journalism, but their reporting about Randy has been newsworthy, timely, and mostly accurate, IMO. To me, they're basically just reporting the events as they develop in this unfortunate saga with a minimum amount of spin. I guess some folks criticize them for reporting the story at all, but I do believe it is newsworthy.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

It sounds like TMZ is going by what is filed with the court. They have refrained in all Randy articles from posting or linking to any actual court docs. It doesn't seem like they're trying to be salacious, just reporting what they have without making an effort to get the language from the actual pleadings. Frankly I don't think they're that interested in the story.

Banned

I'm pleased to see James Newton's name crop up in the article. Randy may not see James as an ally but I'm sure some of the people that Randy trusts can see he is genuinely concerned about Randy's welfare and is not going to stand by and witness Randy deteriorating without trying to do something about it.

I'm thankful for TMZ. They're definitely the go-to place for un-rose- tinted-spectacles, Randy information.

I'm hoping that Randy, somehow, emerges from the mire.

How could we have any way of knowing whether Mr. Newton "is genuinely concerned about Randy's welfare"? I certainly hope he is, but some have said Newton is a friend of Randy's ex-wife, not Randy himself, and her motives and methods ... to be diplomatic, are unclear.

I only hope that the situation is resolved for Randy's benefit, whatever that may be - only God knows people's motives and hearts.

I cannot imagine what Randy is going through. Court situations are very stressful for people who are in good health, but Randy is in a fragile state after the traumatic death of his wife.

I also noticed that Lanas brother Jeff has commented that Randy is sober and has been for some time and that true friends with no ulterior motives are helping him.
    He is , of course giving his "unbiased " opinion.
    What a big mess for poor Randy to be stuck in the middle of.

Where did you see Jeff's comment, GfY? I'd be interested to read it. Thanks.

P.S. I think you're referring to Jeff's FB post a few days after his sister died? He said, "Randy is in good hands and has many people supporting him that care a great deal about him and his welfare." He didn't say anything about Randy's sobriety.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 04-01-2016 at 11:53 AM.