Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

Thank you GfY for posting the CBS News article. I was going to refer to it in reference to Freypower's question of how Jeff Beucler's claim of Randy's sobriety square with his alleged behavior on the day of Lana's accident. Apparently she admitted to police that she lied about Randy brandishing a BB gun. The police report says something like an "apparently intoxicated" man, so who the hell knows.
    I cannot emphasize enough that trying to get to the truth about anything in Randy's life is to venture down the proverbial rabbit hole.

I continue to hope and pray for Randy's well-being. It's encouraging to hear that he's trying to move forward with his life.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

man. this article scares me. some of the symptoms they described is eerily similar to what my mom was experiencing. and she was diagnosed with stage 3 Alzheimers. He may have the other disorders yes but they should look into that. And it's hard to believe the allegations about the wife, rest her soul... I just hope he is ok and he will be back to normal soon.

I don't trust the allegations about Lana one bit. This james newton seems like someone who is in it for the money. Take a look at this video
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2olqlf

BOTH Randy and Lana looked completely shocked about the allegations especially randy watch him from 0:19 to 0:33. about the allegations/ I do not believe them. I am happy that Randy is able to pick who he wants to take care of him. At least the guy holding the camera was polite but he should find a different job. I believe this James Newton is over exaggerating these allegations.
    We Love You Randy please get better.

Out on the Border Lifeofillusion's Avatar

Just read the CBS news article -- what a sad situation. So many different opinions on what's been happening with Randy, you really have to wonder what the true story is. I hope that whoever ends up appointed by the court to look out for his interests really has Randy's well being as their main concern.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

To me, the first step that must happen now is for Randy to get sober if he is mentally capable of doing so. I don't believe he will be able to permanently fix any of these other problems unless his mental health is restored if that is even possible. I sure hope so. I hope and pray that for the sake of all of them, he will be able to reconcile with his children. In the end that is what truly matters the most because I believe this is the only way Randy and his children will find true peace for themselves. My heart goes out to all of them.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned

I've just read Erin Donahue's article for CBS News. It's a pretty extensive report.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/court-ba...randy-meisner/

Just a little quibble. I thought there was extensive video footage of the incident from CCTV cameras inside the house.
    There was no surveillance video inside or outside the home, according to the source.
    It takes me back to 2012 when there were rumours about the Eagles considering having former members involved in the History Of The Eagles tour. Bernie said he had signed up. Randy's wife said Randy wasn't up to it.
    I sensed that there was something, not quite right and now I finally get the picture.

Irving called in the most eminent doctors to help Glenn, in a desperate attempt to save him, Randy has opted for a musician pal and his accountant. I hope it's the firststep on a road to recovery.
    Joe Walsh says he survived addiction because he hit the bottom before he died. Hopefully Randy worst days are now behind him too.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2
    This james newton seems like someone who is in it for the money
    From all the articles I've read, James Newton seems to be the only person involved who hasn't any financial interest in the matter what-so-ever. That's why I'm, sorta on his side.

In that video Randy says. "They want me to die so they can get the money." Who do you think THEY is. So just by him saying that I think the claims are over exaggerated.
    A snippet from the article
    It's extremely rare for a person to request their own conservator, according to Howard Serbin, an Orange County, Calif. probate and elder law attorney. In California, conservatorships - called guardianships in other states - can be enacted to oversee the "person" or "estate" of someone who isn't able to make decisions regarding their own health care or finances.

Though odd, a conservatee's own request may hold sway with a judge, Serbin said. "A nomination by himself counts for a lot - if he's competent," Serbin said.

Also unusual, Serbin said, was one of Meisner's reasons for asking for his own conservator. Meisner said in the petition he was "increasingly anxious" that Newton or his children would attempt to contact him or file again for a conservatorship.
    "
    The proposed conservatee is worried this contact would impair his health
    , and hopes that requesting this conservatorship voluntarily will demonstrate to his children that he is being cared for in the hope they all stay at a distance while he grieves," the petition reads.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    In that video Randy says. "They want me to die so they can get the money." Who do you think THEY is. So just by him saying that I think the claims are over exaggerated.
    A snippet from the article
    It's extremely rare for a person to request their own conservator, according to Howard Serbin, an Orange County, Calif. probate and elder law attorney. In California, conservatorships - called guardianships in other states - can be enacted to oversee the "person" or "estate" of someone who isn't able to make decisions regarding their own health care or finances.

Though odd, a conservatee's own request may hold sway with a judge, Serbin said. "A nomination by himself counts for a lot - if he's competent," Serbin said.

Also unusual, Serbin said, was one of Meisner's reasons for asking for his own conservator. Meisner said in the petition he was "increasingly anxious" that Newton or his children would attempt to contact him or file again for a conservatorship.
    "
    The proposed conservatee is worried this contact would impair his health
    , and hopes that requesting this conservatorship voluntarily will demonstrate to his children that he is being cared for in the hope they all stay at a distance while he grieves," the petition reads.

Ooohhh boy...if this were my parent, and I truly was concerned about their well being, I dont ,think the conservatorship thing would put me at ease at all.in fact just the opposite...I would feel the need to see my parent with my own eyes, to talk to them and hug them ...but that's just me...
    Seems there is no easy answer for anyone in all of this, and we as well wishing fans can only hope and pray ( if that's your thing ) that all works out in Randy's best interest .

But did you see the part were it said Randy appointed his OWN conservators which means that he is lucid and is able to make is own decisions but he just wants help Why do these things always happen to good people

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    But did you see the part were it said Randy appointed his OWN conservators which means that he is lucid and is able to make is own decisions but he just wants help Why do these things always happen to good people

I DID see it .. And I agree with bad things happening to good people ....
    I just meant that as a child watching my parent ( estranged or not ) go through what he is going through, I would find it so incredibly hard to sit back and trust that all is well..or all will be well... I would feel the need to be there ...
    Just a terribly sad situation all the way around...regardless of where the truths may lie...and I have no clue where that is.
    Quite frankly , the more that is reported on the situation, the less we know it seems .
    Hoping for brighter days for the Meisner family and extended families .