Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Thank you GfY for posting the CBS News article. I was going to refer to it in reference to Freypower's question of how Jeff Beucler's claim of Randy's sobriety square with his alleged behavior on the day of Lana's accident. Apparently she admitted to police that she lied about Randy brandishing a BB gun. The police report says something like an "apparently intoxicated" man, so who the hell knows.
    I cannot emphasize enough that trying to get to the truth about anything in Randy's life is to venture down the proverbial rabbit hole.

I continue to hope and pray for Randy's well-being. It's encouraging to hear that he's trying to move forward with his life.
    Point taken about the gun business, but sadly everything else I have read, including this latest article, does not suggest that Mr Meisner is sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Girl From Yesterday View Post
    I DID see it .. And I agree with bad things happening to good people ....
    I just meant that as a child watching my parent ( estranged or not ) go through what he is going through, I would find it so incredibly hard to sit back and trust that all is well..or all will be well... I would feel the need to be there ...
    Just a terribly sad situation all the way around...regardless of where the truths may lie...and I have no clue where that is.
    Quite frankly , the more that is reported on the situation, the less we know it seems .
    Hoping for brighter days for the Meisner family and extended families .
    I agree but this may have been going on for years. I would be the same. like Frey power I don't think Randy is sober but I do not agree with claims about Lana if you look at pictures they seem like a happy couple.

Well, one thing is obvious. It wasn't just Lana's influence that was keeping Randy at odds with his kids. She's gone now and he still wants nothing to do with them.

So sad.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

i agree... if this were my parent I would be beside myself that I couldn't be there with and FOR him. but at the same time I would respect his wishes and leave him be until he is absolutely ready for me to see him. It doesn't mean he is shutting his kids out, it means he has to focus on HIM and getting thru this first. Maybe so he can be at least stable enough to even BE around his kids. This James Newton cat, I don't get very good vibes reading about him. And so if he has been around Randy for a while ok maybe he should care but if Randy chose his own people I think dude should step back and let the man just heal. he lost his best friend and now his wife. I think he is entitled to some kind of peace.

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    I agree but this may have been going on for years. I would be the same. like Frey power I don't think Randy is sober but I do not agree with claims about Lana if you look at pictures they seem like a happy couple.

I do believe it has been going on for years , and sadly, I agree with y'all concerning his sobriety .
    I have nothing to go on other than what is reported.
    I spent the last 8 years of my married life with a man who had a substance abuse problem. In the beginning we went through cycles of him being clean and then him relapsing , repenting ....wash, rinse and repeat.
    To everyone around us ( except the few who happened to witness bad incidents )
    We appeared to be a loving couple and a lovely little family unit.And when he was in his "clean time " he was a wonderful, husband and father . I dared not say anything to anyone that would cast suspicion on him or put him in a bad light.
    So much so that when the truth came out, many did not believe the sad truth , so just going from my own experiences I do know that the old adage of no one knows what goes on behind closed doors holds true . I always go back to the order of protection that Randy had against Lana a few years back.Abuse , especially mental abuse makes one do crazy things,,,I once lied to the police that my ex who I had a restraining order against was not at my home ( he was hiding behind the door and I was shaking in fear.) .not about lying to the police, but about what he would do to me if I ratted him out .
    One tends to develop a sick dependence on their chemically messed up abuser .
    Obviously, there were many issues there , she admitted she lied that he had a gun.I don't know, but it's been said that there was substance abuse on both sides, and that's never a good thing ! Not saying it's true, but if so that would explain a lot of the behavior on both sides.
    It appears to me that perhaps this was a relationship with ups and downs like others , however, substance abuse takes these normal everyday issues to a whole other level.
    Also, given that it appears as if the substance abuse is still a problem, perhaps that causes his children to question if he is truly able to make decisions that are in his best interest . I know that my ex was not in a state of mind, even when not using at the moment to make good decisions for himself .
    So many questions...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    i agree... if this were my parent I would be beside myself that I couldn't be there with and FOR him. but at the same time I would respect his wishes and leave him be until he is absolutely ready for me to see him. It doesn't mean he is shutting his kids out, it means he has to focus on HIM and getting thru this first. Maybe so he can be at least stable enough to even BE around his kids. This James Newton cat, I don't get very good vibes reading about him. And so if he has been around Randy for a while ok maybe he should care but if Randy chose his own people I think dude should step back and let the man just heal. he lost his best friend and now his wife. I think he is entitled to some kind of peace.

I agree...I would have to respect my parents wishes....but it would be a heart wrenching thing to do.
    And if one sits down and rationally thinks about it as you just did , it makes sense...as much sense as anything in this whole affair, but sometimes when one is in the middle of something you just can't see the forest for the trees...
    Dear Lord, the man deserves some peace !

Quote Originally Posted by Girl From Yesterday View Post
    I do believe it has been going on for years , and sadly, I agree with y'all concerning his sobriety .
    I have nothing to go on other than what is reported.
    I spent the last 8 years of my married life with a man who had a substance abuse problem. In the beginning we went through cycles of him being clean and then him relapsing , repenting ....wash, rinse and repeat.
    To everyone around us ( except the few who happened to witness bad incidents )
    We appeared to be a loving couple and a lovely little family unit.And when he was in his "clean time " he was a wonderful, husband and father . I dared not say anything to anyone that would cast suspicion on him or put him in a bad light.
    So much so that when the truth came out, many did not believe the sad truth , so just going from my own experiences I do know that the old adage of no one knows what goes on behind closed doors holds true . I always go back to the order of protection that Randy had against Lana a few years back.Abuse , especially mental abuse makes one do crazy things,,,I once lied to the police that my ex who I had a restraining order against was not at my home ( he was hiding behind the door and I was shaking in fear.) .not about lying to the police, but about what he would do to me if I ratted him out .
    One tends to develop a sick dependence on their chemically messed up abuser .
    Obviously, there were many issues there , she admitted she lied that he had a gun.I don't know, but it's been said that there was substance abuse on both sides, and that's never a good thing ! Not saying it's true, but if so that would explain a lot of the behavior on both sides.
    It appears to me that perhaps this was a relationship with ups and downs like others , however, substance abuse takes these normal everyday issues to a whole other level.
    Also, given that it appears as if the substance abuse is still a problem, perhaps that causes his children to question if he is truly able to make decisions that are in his best interest . I know that my ex was not in a state of mind, even when not using at the moment to make good decisions for himself .
    So many questions...
    I think they truley loved each other. If you listen to Randy's 911 call you will here him tearfully say we have been married for so many years. Just by going b that sentence speaks loads.
    I am so sorry about your ex. I think Randy is going through the exact something but Randy and Lana were eachothers world.

I wonder what Randy menat when he said "They Want Me To Die So They Can Have My Money")

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

absolutely. we would never know what went on behind closed doors. i'm very happy he is of sound mind to AT LEAST be comfortable with who he chose to handle his affairs. my dream is to see him back on that stage doing what he loves.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, one thing is obvious. It wasn't just Lana's influence that was keeping Randy at odds with his kids. She's gone now and he still wants nothing to do with them.

So sad.
    Extremely sad, now is a time when family and some grandchildrens unconditional love would be a major plus !

One other thing I've learned about substance abuse is that the addict /alcoholic always resents the ones who are trying to keep,them from their drug of choice.
    Not saying that is the issue with this family, but it's a possibility.
    Hopefully, if he's not clean , he can clean himself up, have time to reflect and come to some sort of terms with his family ....for all their sakes....sobriety seems to make people re evaluate relationships.Again, that's IF he's not clean and sober now .