Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

The reason it is extremely rare for someone to petition the court to name a conservator for himself is because the entire concept of a conversatorship fundamentally assumes that the person is not competent. The nature of Randy's issues certainly lead one to believe he is not mentally competent. I can see why the judge might temporarily allow those two people to do it, but I have to think that at the hearing in May a neutral, 3rd party objective professional will be appointed. The person James Newton has been pushing for is an independent professional with decades of experience in this type of situation. She's not going to make Randy reconcile with his kids or change his will or whatever. She will make sure he has appropriate care. I actually think it was a real tactical error for him to request a conservator for himself, which reinforces my belief he may not be getting the best advice right now. He has the means to have the most sophisticated, powerful lawyers in LA and he should use them, not his buddies.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

The things I take from the CBS article is that the more we know, the less we understand AND that there are three sides to every story - there's yours and there's mine, and the cold, hard truth. (Thanks to Mr. Henley for all those prophetic words). It seems like everyone involved is to blame and everyone is a victim. Based on what information has been made public, I have no idea what or who to believe.

The only thing for certain is that none of us know the truth, and that probably extends to all of the parties involved. In light of this, I think its impossible to take sides. As I said before, my biggest hope is that Randy can heal and mend his relationship with his children. I don't think anything is more important than that. I wish the entire family the best in that regard.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Girl From Yesterday View Post
    I think he was, just wonder if he could recover from this tragedy enough to continue.
    Just such a musical icon that it is sad to think he may never be involved in that industry again .
    Regarding this it has been a very long time since he has been in the music industry. He is effectively retired. He is 70. I don't know what all that 'new music' stuff was about but the information on it went very silent very quickly.

I don't know these people & I agree with Dreamer that it really is not possible to take sides.

Randy is in a world of hurt and his fans, friends, family and colleagues can't help but feel his pain and wish like hell they could do something/anything to help ease his pain.

At the moment I'm just trying to keep a positive attitude and have faith that whoever is looking out for Randy's interests is the right person to trust with making decisions relative to his health and finances.

I also feel for Lana's family and friends who are grieving the loss of someone they loved and cherished. They are hurting too.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    The reason it is extremely rare for someone to petition the court to name a conservator for himself is because the entire concept of a conversatorship fundamentally assumes that the person is not competent. The nature of Randy's issues certainly lead one to believe he is not mentally competent. I can see why the judge might temporarily allow those two people to do it, but I have to think that at the hearing in May a neutral, 3rd party objective professional will be appointed. The person James Newton has been pushing for is an independent professional with decades of experience in this type of situation. She's not going to make Randy reconcile with his kids or change his will or whatever. She will make sure he has appropriate care. I actually think it was a real tactical error for him to request a conservator for himself, which reinforces my belief he may not be getting the best advice right now. He has the means to have the most sophisticated, powerful lawyers in LA and he should use them, not his buddies.

Thank you for reinforcing my thoughts. I hope what you anticipate will happen.
    Just hope nothing more tragic happens in the interim .

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    The things I take from the CBS article is that the more we know, the less we understand AND that there are three sides to every story - there's yours and there's mine, and the cold, hard truth. (Thanks to Mr. Henley for all those prophetic words). It seems like everyone involved is to blame and everyone is a victim. Based on what information has been made public, I have no idea what or who to believe.

The only thing for certain is that none of us know the truth, and that probably extends to all of the parties involved. In light of this, I think its impossible to take sides. As I said before, my biggest hope is that Randy can heal and mend his relationship with his children. I don't think anything is more important than that. I wish the entire family the best in that regard.

Absolutely , totally agree...the truth usually lies in the middle.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Regarding this it has been a very long time since he has been in the music industry. He is effectively retired. He is 70. I don't know what all that 'new music' stuff was about but the information on it went very silent very quickly.
    I think playing music, at any level, has a therapeutic effect. I really hope Randy is encouraged to indulge his musical talent. Even if it doesn't involve the industry, I'm sure he'd reap some benefit.

I get the impression that Randy hasn't picked up a guitar in years but it's just a guess really.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I think playing music, at any level, has a therapeutic effect. I really hope Randy is encouraged to indulge his musical talent. Even if it doesn't involve the industry, I'm sure he'd reap some benefit.

I get the impression that Randy hasn't picked up a guitar in years but it's just a guess really.
    I couldn't agree with you more about playing music - I wonder if Randy knows Brian Wilson who has overcome enormous difficulties and is still going strong/touring. Brian is just one example - I mention him because I've seen him in concert (50th anniversary) playing piano and while not in pitch perfect voice he looks and sounds pretty damn good!

I do have high hopes for Randy that he finds his joy in life and music again.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    man. this article scares me. some of the symptoms they described is eerily similar to what my mom was experiencing. and she was diagnosed with stage 3 Alzheimers. He may have the other disorders yes but they should look into that. And it's hard to believe the allegations about the wife, rest her soul... I just hope he is ok and he will be back to normal soon.
    I know how you feel. My Grandmother had Alzheimers and had the same symptoms as you described. We lost her in 2014. I never even had a conversation with her. I may be only 17 but that experience changed my outlook on life

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    I know how you feel. My Grandmother had Alzheimers and had the same symptoms as you described. We lost her in 2014. I never even had a conversation with her. I may be only 17 but that experience changed my outlook on life
    same here, my mom left us in 2014. i'm very sorry. it's rough, and reading that article it kind of hit home a bit. She was also volatile and violent but we never knew why until it was too late. Randy could be saved from it god I hope so but it's so similar