Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

I agree DJ , Brooke and Walsh fan !

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Regarding the "choking incident" - doesn't the CBS article say his lung collapsed due to benzos - prescription drugs? Is this the same brain oxygen deprivation incident? Or were there two brain oxygen incidents? I know Soda spoke with Lana about this...Agree with Dreamer, the more information that comes out, the more confusing it all is...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I had heard that the collapsed lung was from the choking accident. I've never heard of benzos causing a collapsed lung - that is bizarre. Could it be a mistake in the article? Benzos slow your breathing rate but I didn't find anything to indicate a collapsed lung was a side effect of abuse or excessive intake.

Only Funk 50 has caught the bit in the article which states there were no surveillance cameras in or outside of the home. Could this be another mistake? I agree that Randy would be under suspicion if there wasn't camera evidence. He sure as heck wouldn't have been cleared within 24 hours of the accident without really strong evidence exonerating him.

P.S. I warned ya'll about the rabbit hole...

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I had heard that the collapsed lung was from the choking accident. I've never heard of benzos causing a collapsed lung - that is bizarre. Could it be a mistake in the article? Benzos slow your breathing rate but I didn't find anything to indicate a collapsed lung was a side effect of abuse or excessive intake.

Only Funk 50 has caught the bit in the article which states there were no surveillance cameras in or outside of the home. Could this be another mistake? I agree that Randy would be under suspicion if there wasn't camera evidence. He sure as heck wouldn't have been cleared within 24 hours of the accident without really strong evidence exonerating him.

P.S. I warned ya'll about the rabbit hole...

I caught it ... But as it was one report and
    Seeing how as yoy say it would seem if that were
    True he would be at least under suspicion , if
    Not arrested , i more or less brushed it off ...
    For now anyway !

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Regarding the "choking incident" - doesn't the CBS article say his lung collapsed due to benzos - prescription drugs? Is this the same brain oxygen deprivation incident? Or were there two brain oxygen incidents? I know Soda spoke with Lana about this...Agree with Dreamer, the more information that comes out, the more confusing it all is...
    Round and round we go ...

Out on the Border

Very depressing. Does anyone know where Randy is now? Is he receiving mental health and/or chemical dependence treatment? Are guns still in his home?

I do believe some things in the CBSN article were incorrect. LAPD said they reviewed the security footage. The Meisners had security cameras inside the house. I have been following this story on Facebook for several years and there are more twists and turns to it than anyone can imagine. The collapsed lung was evidently from the choking incident as was reported several years ago. Another article from a different source mentions his wife "Linda." They could not even get her name right. Shoddy reporting; not checking the facts. At least there are inconsistencies among the various reports.
    I sincerely hope that Randy is staying with someone and is not alone in that house and ideally would get ongoing medical care and counseling. He may not want his whereabouts publicized at this point.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    In my opinion only, I believe a lot of the animosity against his ex wife and children was planted by his now deceased wife. From what I have read and from some the the recordings of Lana to relatives I've heard, she controlled pretty much all of Randy's life and did pretty much whatever she wanted to do. i.e. go on cruises alone, etc... Marriage is a partnership of two people.However, On one hand maybe he didn't want to go on cruises, on the other maybe she wanted to be alone and away from him or to be with someone else. We are none the wiser as to why Randy seems to have these feelings towards Jennifer and his children, and probably never will be. We can only go on what people saw and heard as to what was going on in their life. And that at best is hearsay. Except for the domestic disturbances and police calls of record. It is hard to unravel something when again there is no real evidence to the fact. Randy was with this woman for a very long time. When you have addiction problems, you become depend on people in your life whether they are good or bad for you. Once again all I can say is thank the good lord they had CCTV cameras or this man would be in jail. I also pray he has chosen wisely the people he trusts to help him. But I personally have my doubts, considering his issues at hand. IMO
    Just because I go on girls weekends with my girlfriends doesn't mean I'm not in a partnership with my husband. And why always vilify the second wife. As for controlling, I take care of the social, checkbook, and basic running of our household. That doesn't make me controlling. Some men like to be taken care of, they don't want to be bothered. And yes, people do stay together who are bad for each other. They are comfortable with familiarity.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Just because I go on girls weekends with my girlfriends doesn't mean I'm not in a partnership with my husband. And why always vilify the second wife. As for controlling, I take care of the social, checkbook, and basic running of our household. That doesn't make me controlling. Some men like to be taken care of, they don't want to be bothered. And yes, people do stay together who are bad for each other. They are comfortable with familiarity.
    I could not agree with you more. My husband goes on golfing trips with his buddies, does that mean we are not together, NO!!!! And as far as Lana spending money on the house and plastic surgery, if I redo my kitchen does that mean I am taking advantage of my husband and spending his money, I thought it was our money since we are married and have been married for a long time just like Randy and Lana. And Lana used her own money for her plastic surgery even though it would have been fine to use their money to do it. It takes 2 people to make a marriage and I am sure Lana was not perfect but then Randy was not either, just like my husband and I are not perfect but we are together.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I could not agree with you more. My husband goes on golfing trips with his buddies, does that mean we are not together, NO!!!! And as far as Lana spending money on the house and plastic surgery, if I redo my kitchen does that mean I am taking advantage of my husband and spending his money, I thought it was our money since we are married and have been married for a long time just like Randy and Lana. And Lana used her own money for her plastic surgery even though it would have been fine to use their money to do it. It takes 2 people to make a marriage and I am sure Lana was not perfect but then Randy was not either, just like my husband and I are not perfect but we are together.
    That's bizarre stuff isn't it? Randy's ex and his daughter were outraged at "their" money being spent on home renovations and cruise vacations. Like it's any of their business how Randy and his wife spend their money. Such a strong and inappropriate sense of ownership is crazy, IMO.

His ex gets 40% of Randy's Eagles royalties - that is enough to live very comfortably in Nebraska or anywhere else. Who knows why Randy's eldest son doesn't have health insurance and needs to borrow money from his dad for car repairs. Someone is wasting the money but it probably wasn't Lana.

Moving to higher ground: Rick Roberts of Firefall recovered from a traumatic brain injury and alcoholism. He and Randy of course joined forces in the Meisner-Roberts Band for several years in the 80s. I hope they're still in touch.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 04-05-2016 at 11:22 AM.