Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

Default Re: Horrible news this morning

What is scary is that they say things happen in 3'. I hope this is never the case. This is just so sad.

this is so horrible.

I am so glad I am not reading that Randy was responsible for the death.

I pray for Randy and his family. Such a beautiful soul to be living his last years like this

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Initial reports said that Randy seemed to be in shock & unaware that his wife had died.
    On the other hand the TMZ report says that he was able to give police his version of what occurred.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/07/eagles...randy-meisner/

Very sad.

My first thought was that Randy was somehow involved because of the abuse stuff in the news.

Then I read the TMZ article and was relieved the police cleared him. But now with news about a domestic violence problem and then he was hospitalized. I hope he wasn't involved in any of it.

He did give police an account of what happened. It is likely the police were there all night. Maybe when he finally realized she had passed he became incoherent and went into shock. He was taken to the hospital around 5 this morning.

Out on the Border

from
    http://lapdblog.typepad.com/lapd_blo...-meisner-.html

March 07, 2016

Tragic Accidental Discharge of Firearm Results in Death of Mrs. Lana Meisner

North Hollywood: Mrs. Lana Meisner, wife of famed Eagles member Randy Meisner, was tragically shot when she moved a firearm that accidentally discharged.

On Sunday, March 6, 2016, around 5:30 p.m., North Hollywood patrol officers responded to a radio call of a woman asking for police assistance for a possibly intoxicated male suspect in the 3700 block of Eureka Drive. The officers took a domestic violence incident report and left the location.

On Sunday, March 6, 2016 around 7:00 p.m., North Hollywood patrol officers responded to a radio call of a shooting, in the 3700 block of Eureka Drive in the North Hollywood area. When officers arrived they found Mrs. Meisner suffering from a single gunshot wound.

The Los Angeles Fire Department responded and pronounced Mrs. Meisner dead at the scene.

After a thorough investigation by Valley Bureau detective personnel and the Los Angeles Coroner's Office, it was determined that Mrs. Meisner's death was accidental. Mrs. Meisner was moving a rifle that was stored inside a case in a closet. As she lifted the rifle in the case, another item within the case shifted and hit the trigger of the rifle causing it to fire and fatally injure Mrs. Meisner.

Mr. Meisner was cooperative throughout the investigation.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

This is such a horrific and bizarre tragedy. It’s hard to imagine the living hell that Randy must be going through especially when you consider his easygoing and modest temperment in his younger days. However, even if he is fully exonerated of any responsibility for Lana’s death, he has shown a tendency for violence as his mental health and substance abuse has deteriorated. I truly worry that he could be a danger to himself and others. It doesn’t seem like to me that he capable of taking care of himself so I sure hope he gets the proper care he needs and deserves. My heart goes out to his and Lana’s family.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    This is such a horrific and bizarre tragedy. It’s hard to imagine the living hell that Randy must be going through especially when you consider his easygoing and modest temperment in his younger days. However, even if he is fully exonerated of any responsibility for Lana’s death, he has shown a tendency for violence as his mental health and substance abuse has deteriorated. I truly worry that he could be a danger to himself and others. It doesn’t seem like to me that he capable of taking care of himself so I sure hope he gets the proper care he needs and deserves. My heart goes out to his and Lana’s family.
    I could not have said it any better myself. A very sad situation.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

So sad...

Absolutely awful!

ETA: I'm changing the thread title to be more specific.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten