Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Randy's wife Lana has died

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Randy's wife Lana has died

What an awful mess! It's hard to know just who to believe! I certainly hope Randy gets the help he needs.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Here's a news link with two sides to the story about Lana's treatment of Randy and vice versa as well as the cause of the misfire. There were spurs in the rifle case that caught on the trigger.

And yes, it was said that Randy threatened hospital workers with shooting them, as is in this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-herself.html

I hope Randy gets the help he needs now.
    I saw nothing about any threats to any hospital workers in that article. In any case I thought it was agreed that happened on a previous occasion.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    If this was an accident, how is it cops fault??? They can't bring anybody in unless they are willing to press charges. Even if Randy threatened her, & she refuses to press charges, if no signs of abuse, there is no arrest. Also, how are they to know there are guns in the closet? Maybe she was reaching to get the gun when it went off. There are lots of unanswered questions here, but none of it is good. But I don't see how LAPD is responsible for this.
    I think the point is that the LAPD should possibly have taken further action to ensure the situation didn't deteriorate, accident or not.

I think it's interesting that they haven't made the pathology report public.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I saw nothing about any threats to any hospital workers in that article. In any case I thought it was agreed that happened on a previous occasion.
    It was directed to hospital workers, and it did happen in the past but still none the less very troubling about his mental status. The article mentions it and that's why he got a conservator.

In July last year, Los Angeles Superior Court appointed Randy's friend James Newton as his temporary conservator after he 'threatened to shoot people' with an AK-47.
    Another article talks about it and specifically mentions the hospital workers.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/07/eagles...randy-meisner/

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    He didn't even have a gun at the time of the alleged threat, so he wasn't much of a danger one would think. People say things when they're upset, if he ever said that. The incident was alleged in a court case by the opposing side; they slung a lot of mud but rarely provided substantiation - at least not for public view.

Regarding Randy's "mental illness" I'd just like to point out that millions and millions of people have been diagnosed with bipolar depression. Symptoms and severity vary widely. It doesn't mean one is a dangerous lunatic who needs to be locked away.

I don't know what's true but about 90% of the claims in the Daily Mail article are directly from the people who recently tried to get Randy put under a conservatorship. He had changed his will in the last several years and they tried to get him declared incompetent to oversee his own finances.

I only hope Randy has people in his life who sincerely care about his well-being.
    I'm not saying he's a dangerous lunatic, but I'm just saying that it's clear he needs help to get better and to get away from alcohol and rehab.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    It was directed to hospital workers, and it did happen in the past but still none the less very troubling about his mental status. The article mentions it and that's why he got a conservator.

Another article talks about it and specifically mentions the hospital workers.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/07/eagles...randy-meisner/
    Yes, OK, I found it.

I hope he somehow gets the help he needs and can deal with his wife's death. I also read about the heavy spurs causing the trigger to engage. Police have established that Randy was not in the room at the time of the accident, most likely substantiated by the CCTV they had in the house. I don't see how this has anything to do with the earlier incident for which the police were called, other than being a tragic coincidence. My heart goes out to Randy and to his wife's family.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by randysgirl View Post
    I hope he somehow gets the help he needs and can deal with his wife's death. I also read about the heavy spurs causing the trigger to engage. Police have established that Randy was not in the room at the time of the accident, most likely substantiated by the CCTV they had in the house. I don't see how this has anything to do with the earlier incident for which the police were called, other than being a tragic coincidence. My heart goes out to Randy and to his wife's family.
    The police had been called 90 minutes earlier, that's why it's relevant.

Here's my line of thinking, and I admire Randy as one of my musical heroes but in talking with my folks about the news, we came to the conclusion:

Why was she needing to go get a rifle or get into the case or even pick it up? Either because she had bad motive or she was protecting herself, there had to be some impetus for her to go looking for that rifle. If she was just rummaging through the closet, fine, but if she was in any way looking for a rifle you have to take into consideration that 911 was called 90 minutes prior. If that hadn't happened, you could say it was just rummaging around. But the fact is, she wanted to get the rifle from the sounds of it.

Randy was cleared (which I'm very glad), mostly because of the CCTV and it was an accident, but she obviously went to get that rifle for SOME reason. That is what I'm getting at. Why did she have to go looking for it? It would seem like more of a coincidence if there wasn't a domestic disturbance call just 90 minutes earlier.

I personally think she was protecting herself.

Border Desperado tequila mockingbird's Avatar

So, spurs caused the loaded gun, in a case without the safety on, to go off just when it was aimed at her head. Wait. What??? The odds must be stupefying. I have a feeling that we may not have heard the end of this quite yet.

"The first thing that happens is you get some kind of label and you've gotta live up to it and then you just get caught in that. And, I forget what the second thing is." ~Joe Walsh