Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don Henley w/ Carole King at Hyde Park in London, England - July 3, 2016

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Don Henley w/ Carole King at Hyde Park in London, England - July 3, 2016

I also hope some of our Borderers across the pond will be able to go to this. It should be a great show.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Don Henley w/ Carole King at Hyde Park in London, England - July 3, 2016

I doubt he needs to do it. Maybe just something he is interested in, for whatever reasons he has. Maybe 47 years ago at the Troubador, he and Carol said, "When we're famous, we'll play a show at Hyde Park!" and now they're cashing in...who knows.

Smile Re: Don Henley w/ Carole King at Hyde Park in London, England - July 3, 2016

Ordered my tickets.
    This will be good publicity for Cass County as 60,000
    People will go and many will not have gone to a solo
    Don show.
    Hope there are more UK dates as Festivals are not my favourite.

Banned

I'm delighted Don is going to be playing such a huge show in the UK this summer. A show with Carol King is a bit too M.O.R. for me but I'd be interested in attending any other venues he may play, particularly outside the capital.

I expect he'll add a couple of Eagles hits to a Cass County heavy set list.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I doubt he needs to do it. Maybe just something he is interested in, for whatever reasons he has. Maybe 47 years ago at the Troubador, he and Carol said, "When we're famous, we'll play a show at Hyde Park!" and now they're cashing in...who knows.
    Not financially but I don't think any of the Eagles will willingly retire, something within them can't resist the lure of the road.

Out on the Border

I have tickets for this (presale) and I'm ridiculously excited. I've never seen Henley solo..he hasn't played in the UK for _ever_ and Carole King doing Tapestry?! Wow. I thought it was a joke when somebody told me yesterday.

I am excited for everyone who gets to see this show. In my excitement I played the Tapestry album yesterday morning as I was getting ready for work. And as for special guest Don Henley? Icing on the cake!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm hoping that this is a prelude to a few shows in Ireland and /or the UK. i'm not into the whole festival thing and would rather just do a Don show. 2 things are hopeful
    1. Taylor Swift announced BST last year and then released dates for more Ireland an UK shows.
    2. Don said in the interview that he would have his own band there. He will hardly fly the band to England for just ONE show.... now will he? I would go to see him in Dublin or an easy to reach English city.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Surely not, Ga! Fingers and toes crossed he does some more dates for you!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I'm hoping that this is a prelude to a few shows in Ireland and /or the UK. i'm not into the whole festival thing and would rather just do a Don show. 2 things are hopeful
    1. Taylor Swift announced BST last year and then released dates for more Ireland an UK shows.
    2. Don said in the interview that he would have his own band there. He will hardly fly the band to England for just ONE show.... now will he? I would go to see him in Dublin or an easy to reach English city.
    Yeah, GA when I heard about the band I got excited! Here's hoping ♥
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Usually if Don is playing just one show if its a private show or just one date(like when he did the Howard Stern show, they were there), his band is there. If not all of them, usually Steuart. So I expect to see Will, Scott, Steuart, Lance, Chris and Michael there at Hyde Park. Of course if they decide to continue to tour with Don since the Eagles are no more, but Will and Michael started out in Don's solo band before they were asked to be part of the Eagles backing band. But I think Will, Scott, Michael and Steuart will stay with Don until Don decides he wants all new band members which I think he has done before.