Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Ultimate Don Henley Experience" in Dallas, TX on Apr. 30 - May 2

Default Re: "Ultimate Don Henley Experience" in Dallas, TX on Apr. 30 - May 2

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    You have no proof of this. There could very well be some arrangement between Don and the complex where a percentage of the profits go to his charitable organisations. Don't take away someone's good name when you don't know the facts.
    Do you know the facts?
    I know that he is charging $1500 for a show , a signed photo and a group pic and there is no mention of him donating anything. Not that he has to, he doesnt. But i just find it kinda distasteful that he just wants to milk his loyal fans for everything they got. How bout a free show to his loyal fans in a sign of thanks for making him the 2nd richest drummer of all time only behind Ringo Starr.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    How bout a free show to his loyal fans in a sign of thanks for making him the 2nd richest drummer of all time only behind Ringo Starr.
    THAT is not a fact - just media speculation. Don was asked about being the 'fourth richest drummer in the world' and he pointed out that there was no way anyone could know his personal finances so that statement was baloney....

....and who's to say he won't give a free concert at some stage? How can you say definitively that he won't? You're talking about one particular show and I re-iterate that we don't know whether some of the money is going to charity or not...
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    THAT is not a fact - just media speculation. Don was asked about being the 'fourth richest drummer in the world' and he pointed out that there was no way anyone could know his personal finances so that statement was baloney....

....and who's to say he won't give a free concert at some stage? How can you say definitively that he won't? You're talking about one particular show and I re-iterate that we don't know whether some of the money is going to charity or not...
    That's a good point, DD. It makes me feel a little better that that's a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    Do you know the facts?
    I know that he is charging $1500 for a show , a signed photo and a group pic and there is no mention of him donating anything. Not that he has to, he doesnt. But i just find it kinda distasteful that he just wants to milk his loyal fans for everything they got. How bout a free show to his loyal fans in a sign of thanks for making him the 2nd richest drummer of all time only behind Ringo Starr.
    Don is NOT charging the fees for the show - Runaway Tours is responsible for the prices, and it is inclusive for the event. I imagine that Don, like other entertainers who book these types of shows, will receive a set fee. A little bit of common sense tells us he will not keep all the money paid by the lucky patrons.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Banned

No matter who came up with the price tag or if any of it is going to charity, it still seems (to me) to be an obscene amount of money to charge for a concert, even with the added perks. But then again, I am cheap. I grew up really poor and I can pinch a penny until it screams.

Border Desperado

Something about this whole thing just isn't sitting well with me. Even if I had the time and money....he's never done anything like this before, why now? What's next....the cruise ship thing? I'm a die hard Eagles fan....I don't know, I guess maybe I'm still grieving over the lose of Glenn/the band. Please don't attack me, these are just my thoughts......

Out on the Border

I checked into past shows by the promoter - Runway Tours. Looks like Bon Jovi and FLA/GA Line have been doing this since last year. Prices are almost the same...

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

It will sell out, Don and the promoters don't care who buys the tix - die hard fans, corporate accounts entertaining clients, cheesy rich people trying to impress a date...I paid $550 I couldn't afford to see him (and his bandmates) in a room with 17,000 people, it's not a stretch to ask for $1,500 if it really is intimate and he's going to do some "storytelling" and you get free cocktails, etc... He could probably sell this out in cities all around the U.S.

I will admit that the timing of the promotion is unfortunate, due to the reasons the Eagles have been in the news headlines the past two months. This and the Carole King thing are coming off as ...odd for Don. I am going to assume that he is simply fulfilling business obligations he made many months ago.

BonJovi has been doing this for years, just Jon, not the other members. They seem to often sell out, but I agree, it is a huge amount of money for a weekend. It sounds fun, but I could never justify spending that amount of money. I do hope someone from this board can go!

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I just got an e-mail from Bon Jovi about Don's Runaway experience. I thought it kind of odd they would promote him, but I know Jon has always been a big fan of Don's. Or, maybe Jon has a stake in the Runaway tour business. It is named after one of his biggest songs. Either way, I certainly can't afford it !!