Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "Ultimate Don Henley Experience" in Dallas, TX on Apr. 30 - May 2

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: "Ultimate Don Henley Experience" in Dallas, TX on Apr. 30 - May 2

It's a little too pricey for me as well. However, considering it's a three-day event i.e. a mini-vacation, I can see the appeal for some folks. If there were a few more perks included, it may seem like a better deal to me. But, when you put it in perspective, it's not like you are going to have the opportunity to hang out with Don for the weekend - you get to see him on stage in a somewhat intimate setting for a few hours and get an autograph and picture with him, which is probably a group picture. In any event, for those with the money and desire, I say go for it and have a great time!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It looks like the photo is per room...so if you have 2 people in your room then its you two and Don. Still way too much money. Ill pay $100 to see a show here and there but nobody is gonna get $1500 from me to "meet" them. Especially because i dont think they have much pleasure in doing it and basically do it for the money. But hey to each his own...

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    It will sell out, Don and the promoters don't care who buys the tix - die hard fans, corporate accounts entertaining clients, cheesy rich people trying to impress a date...I paid $550 I couldn't afford to see him (and his bandmates) in a room with 17,000 people, it's not a stretch to ask for $1,500 if it really is intimate and he's going to do some "storytelling" and you get free cocktails, etc... He could probably sell this out in cities all around the U.S.

I will admit that the timing of the promotion is unfortunate, due to the reasons the Eagles have been in the news headlines the past two months. This and the Carole King thing are coming off as ...odd for Don. I am going to assume that he is simply fulfilling business obligations he made many months ago.
    I find this a lot stranger than the Carole King thing. To me, that is not weird at all. This is a little more borderline, IMHO.

I agree...this is not the kind of thing I would've thought Don would do...??

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Pricey yes
    He might had agreede to do it before gkenn passed
    For thoose who cn go that's wonderful

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I say if you can afford it, go!

We have no idea when he even agreed to do this, so the timing may not have been anything he could have avoided. If others can do this kind of thing, why not Don?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I would say to anyone who loves Don and can get to this to go. I am so glad that I took the two opportunities that came my way to see Glenn live solo shows and I am so glad that I did now. The timing will never be perfect, and there is expense that has to be budgeted for obviously, but if I had held off perhaps until the kids were older, or I was in a better financial position (or even in the case of LA for when I was on school holidays) I would be sitting here today regretting the missed opportunities.

The one thing that the last 2 months has hammered home to me is that life is NOT a dress rehearsal - we don't know what is around the next corner so don't look back and regret the things you didn't do.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

So true, GA. I'm regretting not seeing the guys during the HOTE tour, but I will make up with Don and Joe.

If you have the money, the time, and the desire - go for it!

I know many find this kind of thing distasteful but it's pretty much the only way a fan can speak to Don, even for just a few seconds, unless you're very lucky. I don't regret for a second paying to meet Stevie Nicks, although admittedly her proceeds went to charity. I would've paid even if she'd pocketed the money. Now she doesn't do them anymore, and there are many people disappointed that they'll never have the chance to meet her.

Don will be making 250 fans very happy - fans who would otherwise probably never get anywhere near him. If I hadn't met him before, I'd probably be trying to figure out a way to go myself.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Ok, I have taken the plunge and bought a ticket! As GA said, life is not a dress rehearsal and I decided I did not want to pass up this opportunity. If anyone else will be there, let me know so we can definitely meet.