Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Girl from Yesterday

Default Re: Girl from Yesterday

Welcome. I recently registered too and look forward to hearing your stories!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girl From Yesterday View Post
    Yes ! Thanks for the link, just reading it sparked a few memories . I had forgotten that long wait to get in ! I found a couple of YouTube videos of it as well.
    What a great time to be young and free !
    Joe Walsh absolutely tore it up and the Eagles "Witchy Woman " and "Peaceful Easy Feeling " couldn't have been more ....almost mystical on that hot summer night ....funny they never sounded better in any place with better acoustics than they did on that night l I remember Glenn Frey dedicating "Already Gone " to President Nixon and the crowd going wild ! Good times !
    Been a die hard fan ever since.
    Ha ! I remember coming home and my father telling me stories of the towns people,having been raped and pillaged as he had seen it on the news,no doubt aghast that his daughter was there among the madness !
    We seem to have missed alot of the madness, there were way too many of us in a VW bus and we came prepared with food and drink and camped out in the campgrounds. I do remember stories of no food or drink being available in the town. Also many announcements to Not take the yellow acid lol.
    Makes me sad that today's youth will never know that freedom...and where the hell did all the music go ?
    Oh I'm glad, it sounds like you and your friends were well prepared and had a wonderful experience. The article made it sound like a hellish scene!

GFY, do you remember if Randy sang lead on any songs? I guess in 1974 it was a standard part of their set for Randy to sing Midnight Flyer.

GFY, welcome and enjoy.😊
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."