Thread: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Count me as one who would like to see a tribute some time down the road. I would like for Jack Tempchin to sing the songs he wrote/cowrote, You Belong to the City , Already Gone, Peaceful Easy Feeling, Somebody, The One You Love, True Love, After Hours etc. I would also like for there to be a fair representation of his solo songs. (Not just Smuggler's Blues, YBTTC, or THIO).

If there's an Eagles song that Glenn didn't sing, then I would want Desperado to be it, with the Eagles performing. The reason being that Glenn sang it solo, and it's one of the first songs Don and Glenn wrote together. I would like it to be the last song preformed, as I think that it's not only a good ending for a tribute to Glenn, but a good ending for the Eagles as a band.

As for performers, I would like the 4 Eagles (Don, Tim, Joe, and Bernie) to at least play one or 2 songs, like the aforementioned Desperado. Maybe have Bob Seger sing Heartache Tonight. I'm not sure about having New Kid in Town performed because I can't picture anyone but Glenn singing it, but maybe JD Souther could do it. I want a song from Strange Weather to be included, but I don't know which one, maybe the title track.
    Last edited by AlreadyGone95; 03-15-2016 at 06:43 PM.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time