Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Good for you, GA. Hope you and Troub have a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear all about it.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Even if it's not all-star, it's nice that they're doing something for Glenn. I'm thinking of making a six-hour drive to Atlanta for the Atlanta Symphony's Tribute to Glenn at the end of June; it's not star-studded by any means, but it's for him.

I hope you have a good night.
    That certainly sounds interesting and I echo your sentiment that these tributes are for Glenn at the end of the day. At least if these events are supported people will be reminded what a force he was in the world of music
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

GA, that's great that you are getting together with Troub & the both of you are attending the Glenn tribute!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yes, Ga, that's wonderful for you to do.

Someday.......someday, I WILL make my way out west to all the Eagles haunts and now Joshua Tree is added to the list. Definitely a perfect place to have my own memorial to Glenn, like Soda and Dreamer.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

More details in the Glenn tribute in London: http://whereparty.com/event/2681623/...and-the-eagles

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    More details in the Glenn tribute in London: http://whereparty.com/event/2681623/...and-the-eagles
    Thanks for that. I'd only heard of one of them before (which doesn't mean much as I'm ignorant) but I've now listened to them on youtube and there are some good singers in that list. I really like what I've heard from Jon Allen. It's a good opportunity for these artists to reach a different audience.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I personally don't recognize anyone either but they might be more popular in England than here in the US. It's nice to see all these cities and festivals doing their own little tributes to Glenn and the Eagles.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Judie Tzuke had a big hit with a song called Stay With Me 'Til Dawn. My husband saw her a couple of times. In the 70s. I haven't heard of any of the other people. 'All star' I'm afraid it isn't.

I think saw Steve Young's name. I wonder if that's the same guy who wrote Seven Bridges Road.

ETA: Oops. Nevermind. Steve died in March. Their must be another Steve Young.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Judie Tzuke had a big hit with a song called Stay With Me 'Til Dawn. My husband saw her a couple of times. In the 70s. I haven't heard of any of the other people. 'All star' I'm afraid it isn't.
    FP, this one is for you - Jon Allen featuring Mark Knopfler
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD3wWpZtFjI

With ticket prices of £10 and a venue that usually has tribute bands, I'm not surprised there are no big names but at least there is some talent.