Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Banned

Default Re: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Thanks for the further information about Friday's Frey tribute in London.

It's a nice surprise to see Judie Tzuke on the bill. Definitely a star performer. She's been on Top Of The Pops, a time or two.

Judie Tzuke recently released a double CD Definitive Retrospective, Moon On A Mirrorball with a great new tune to enjoy; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO2JPWyz4Mg ..and she's still making great music. She's also recorded a cover of Timothy's Poco oldie I Can See Everything (listen here; https://musicmp3.ru/artist_judie-tzu...l#.V16EWdwtBnU)

I wish I knew more about all the other Eagles / Frey fans performing at the show.

It's wonderful to know that fans, on this side of the Atlantic, have banded together to show their respects and celebrate the music of one of America's finest.

Have a great time everybody who is going.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    FP, this one is for you - Jon Allen featuring Mark Knopfler
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD3wWpZtFjI

With ticket prices of £10 and a venue that usually has tribute bands, I'm not surprised there are no big names but at least there is some talent.
    Thank you UTW. I had no idea. He has a really nice voice (and he looks a bit like Ray Wilson, the last Genesis singer). Very reminiscent of Rod Stewart. He will do Glenn justice.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I will let you all know how it goes.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Unfortunately, GA just let me know that the tribute has been cancelled.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Unfortunately, GA just let me know that the tribute has been cancelled.
    That's disappointing. The cancellation isn't even mentioned on the venue website - it just says "Closed for a private event". I'm interested to know what kind of excuse they offered GA.
    I hope you have a good weekend in London even without this show.

My tribute is in Atlanta - she was going with a member named Troubadour who hasn't been around here in a while. They told her "due to unforeseen circumstances."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Judie Tzuke had a big hit with a song called Stay With Me 'Til Dawn. My husband saw her a couple of times.
    She has a beautiful voice. Creem (a U.S. rock magazine) used to run photos of her in the early 80s but it was only because she's very well endowed.

Oh I'm so sorry the event was cancelled.

I've been really down today, as I mentioned elsewhere, so much so that I'm thinking of not going to Atlanta because I don't want to feel this way next weekend and I know I will if I go.

Still, I want to go to tributes while I still can. Soon, they won't be doing them anymore.

I'll probably go.

Hope you go Soda...and try to enjoy...I've been feeling very blue today as well..hugs!!

I've felt sad today, too, but I've stuck close to the Border and it's made it easier. Thanks, everyone.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you