Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Feel better Soda. I know that to see these tributes must be bittersweet.

I've felt sad today as well. I still forget he's gone and then something will remind me of the awful truth.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

I think I feel more sad today with it being Father's Day and thinking about his kids. I also felt bad last night as I didn't realize the date and I was surprised as it was first month I didn't realize it till I saw the posts. But being on here and talking with you all does help so much.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    That's disappointing. The cancellation isn't even mentioned on the venue website - it just says "Closed for a private event". I'm interested to know what kind of excuse they offered GA.
    I hope you have a good weekend in London even without this show.
    Yes all we were told was 'unforeseen circumstances'. I'd understand if perhaps a member of the band was ill or something but it seems a bit much to have inconvenienced myself and others that were going to host something else perhaps corporate instead. It will be rescheduled to July apparently.

On a more positive note I caught up with Troub and had a lovely evening. We went for a meal and then back to her place and watched Farewell 1 and the Christchurch bootleg. And we drank a toast to Glenn She was asking for everyone
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Border Troubadour

Troub's posts were one of the reasons I joined The Border - I finally found someone who loved Don almost as much as I did

I suppose she's going to some of Don's shows in the UK, GA or is that a rhetorical question? ??
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes she is going to the London one in Hyde Park with Carol King playing as well.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Glad you had a nice visit with Troub! Unfortunate that the concert was cancelled, especially on such short notice!

I'm in Atlanta now at the hotel, although the concert is tomorrow. I'm just relaxing, listening to Glenn's music, and remembering.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I hope it's a beautiful event and you enjoy it very much, Soda. I appreciate that it's a poignant time.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

I'm glad you decided to go, Soda. I know you were on the fence on rather to go or not. Have fun.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Hope you enjoy it too Soda. I was hoping my city's orchestra would but they're doing others instead this summer like for David Bowie and even Fleetwood Mac, which I thought about going to the latter. They're doing others too and actually pairing up with the real artists like The Indigo Girls.

Also looking even more forward to the Kennedy Center Honors as that'll work now for both a tribute to the Eagles and Glenn.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."