Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

I talked about this in another thread. I do think it may be too soon to do a tribute concert for Glenn, but I sure do hope it happens. I believe the fans need something like this. I suggested that perhaps, it would be a wonderful idea for us fans to write all the remaining members of the band and Irving either collectively or individually and urge them to plan a concert. Maybe we could help them realize how much it would mean to us. I'm definitely going to send a letter to each of them in the near future.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

I'd really love a tribute concert open to the public, or at least recorded so we can view it. It might give us a sense of closure and besides, Glenn deserves that kind of honor. Maybe on the year anniversary of his death or the anniversary of some other Eagles milestone.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This would be a perfect set imho

1.Already Gone.
    2.The Heat Is On
    3.You Belong In The City
    4.Smugglers Blues
    5.On The Border
    6.Lyin Eyes
    7.Peaceful Easy Feeling
    8.Take It To The Limit(Performed By Randy who Talks about Glenn and The Early Days and thanks him for dedicating it him during the HOTE tour and Timothy Joins Him And they dedicate it to Glenn)
    9.Tequila Sunrise
    10.Heartache Tonight
    11.Dootlin Dalton
    12.Ol'55
    13 New Kid In Town
    Encore 1
    14.It's Your World Now
    15.James Dean
    Encore 2
    16.Take It Easy
    17. Desperado
    18 Wasted Time

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I like it but I would like to see more of his own solo work included. There is a wealth of great music on all of his solo albums which is not included on this list. What about POMPOY? What about 'The One You Love', A personal favourite is mine is 'I did it for your Love'. And who could leave out 'After Hours'?

I don't think Randy is in a fit enough condition unfortunately to be able to sing TITTL although it would be a lovely gesture.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I talked about this in another thread. I do think it may be too soon to do a tribute concert for Glenn, but I sure do hope it happens. I believe the fans need something like this. I suggested that perhaps, it would be a wonderful idea for us fans to write all the remaining members of the band and Irving either collectively or individually and urge them to plan a concert. Maybe we could help them realize how much it would mean to us. I'm definitely going to send a letter to each of them in the near future.
    I will do that too. Perhaps if they feel that there is a desire for his fans to express their sympathy and celebrate Glenn 's life they may organise something
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I need to see the concert for George, but it sounds like this is something I would like for Glenn, too.

I don't need to see the remaining band members perform except maybe for one song or with the whole group at the end. I would love it if some would speak about Glenn and hopefully family members would be included.

I'm kind of afraid that since they haven't announced anything, that the Grammy tribute may be it. I so hope not.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I like it but I would like to see more of his own solo work included. There is a wealth of great music on all of his solo albums which is not included on this list. What about POMPOY? What about 'The One You Love', A personal favourite is mine is 'I did it for your Love'. And who could leave out 'After Hours'?

I don't think Randy is in a fit enough condition unfortunately to be able to sing TITTL although it would be a lovely gesture.

I would think it considering his condition it would be an unplugged version Like with only him and Timmothy on acoustic guitars. I will update the list with some of his solo works

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I need to see the concert for George, but it sounds like this is something I would like for Glenn, too.

I don't need to see the remaining band members perform except maybe for one song or with the whole group at the end. I would love it if some would speak about Glenn and hopefully family members would be included.

I'm kind of afraid that since they haven't announced anything, that the Grammy tribute may be it. I so hope not.

Here is a link Feel free to remove it I case it is not in the right place.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LG5EdoxBVt0

I like that list, agree a bit more of solo Glenn but a nice long concert mainly performed by his former bandmates and celebrities who admired him and his family but if that happens it would more likely take about a year to organise.

I'd like to also see a decent long video package of him in his prime performing some of these songs as well, more than just the short clip prefacing the Grammy Performance. SOmething like the ones fans have done on Youtube but kinda a extended chronology
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Stuck on the Border

Regarding any tribute show, I think the songs played should be songs that Glenn sang. Of those suggested above, I don't see how On The Border & especially Wasted Time relate to Glenn specifically, and having Wasted Time not only in the list but as the final encore doesn't make any sense to me. If it has to do with the line 'it wasn't really wasted time'', forgive me but I don't see that as an adequate summary of the life of someone who meant so much to so many people.

I also would not include James Dean because it seems inappropriate, or though it pains me to say so , Lyin' Eyes, because I don't believe anyone else should ever sing it and its lyrics don't seem to be what is required. I would include You Are Not Alone. It's tragic how LROOE is just being forgotten. If there has to be a song co-written by Glenn but sung by someone else, why not The Sad Café?

I do not think it is realistic to expect Randy Meisner to participate in any tribute.

What I would like to see is some emphasis on some solo songs, not just the obvious ones, but songs like Lover's Moon, I Did It For Your Love as GA stated, River Of Dreams, Soul Searchin' perhaps. I don't know about POMPOY. I think it should be left alone.

I would want Joe to perform his song & Tempchin to perform his.

I would like to see Live In Dublin released on Blu Ray & any record AT ALL of any other solo tour. I have a bootleg of a Strange Weather show. Surely a couple of them were filmed. If only the After Hours tour had been filmed. This is not the place to talk about Eagles releases.