Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Out on the Border

Cool Re: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    I would like to see something similar like the concert for George. It had A bunch of diffrent guys like Clapton Jeff Lynye etc Dhani Harrison and Paul and Ringo. So maybe you something like that with people like

Bob Segear
    Jackson
    JD Souther
    Glenn's son Deacon
    The rest of the band (Including Felder but it's far fetched)
    and a group of backing musicians.

I totally agree with you. To be included would be nice if
    was asked and Bernie to join Joe on guitar. A lot has to be done in members personal life before anything can take place. But, if a band goes on a tour it should be very well done as maybe the tour of Hell Freezes Over, but it is basically iin Don's hands to descide. Either way it would be a very emotional tour. It may help the members of the band as the fans to grieve and help heal.
    Drew Williams

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Williams View Post

I totally agree with you. To be included would be nice if was asked and Bernie to join Joe on guitar. A lot has to be done in members personal life before anything can take place. But, if a band goes on a tour it should be very well done as maybe the tour of Hell Freezes Over, but it is basically iin Don's hands to descide. Either way it would be a very emotional tour. It may help the members of the band as the fans to grieve and help heal.
    Drew Williams
    It should be a one off show, not a tour.

Default Re: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It should be a one off show, not a tour.
    Agree. But maybe release it on DVD?. Don Irving and The Frey Family are the only ones who know what is being planned and we will have to wait.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Agree. But maybe release it on DVD?. Don Irving and The Frey Family are the only ones who know what is being planned and we will have to wait.
    Absolutely it needs to be on DVD/Blu Ray.

I just hope something is arranged soon. Don & Joe have big tours in front of them. I really need this to happen for my own peace of mind.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by TequilaSunrise82 View Post
    This is just my opinion, and I know not everyone will agree, but I would almost rather not see a tribute right now. I feel like it's still too early after Glenn's passing. I just can't envision it - the guys up there with a "replacement Glenn" and they would obviously be solemn and the songs wouldn't have the same feelings behind them.

I think at this point everyone is still going through a different stage of grief, and that includes the fans, members of the band and of course Glenn's family and friends. I think it will take a long time for everyone to come together and even be able to think about how to do a public tribute. (I know there was a private tribute already)

Personally, what is getting me through this stage is listening/watching videos of old performances from the 70s because that is how I want to remember Glenn and that is what brings me joy now. If they did a tribute now, I don't think I'd be able to watch it. Maybe a year from now I'll think differently.
    I agree. I want to remember the past reliving the memories, songs the nostalgia. That's the best way, I think to honor his memory.

I'd love to see a biopic of his life story - Glenn's migration west from the Motor City to Laurel Canyon could not have been timed better although he was one of many musicians and would-be-recording-artists - his ambition and talent was second to none. Glenn was going places the minute he stepped on the gas and hooked up with Don Henley intending to start their own band.

One thing for sure Irving Azoff was not just Glenn's manager - he and his wife were close friends and probably trusted confidants. I wouldn't be surprised if the wheels are already turning in Azoff's head whether it's a book, a movie, a concert, an album.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I've wanted to see an Eagles biopic for years. It's part of a long list of music biopics I'd love to see. I think they would do one more on the entire band, but I have seen some biopics like ones about The Beatles where it focused mostly on one of the members. I've also wondered if Cameron Crowe ever thought about doing a biopic on Glenn/the Eagles. But I'd also love to read a book(s) as well.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Now that I've had some time to reflect on this topic I have come to the conclusion that a book written by Glenn Frey is what I'd most like to see. For one it would give him the final word on a variety of issues and/or concerns - and two - he lived an extraordinary life and has a lot of stories to tell - who better than to tell them then Glenn Frey himself. I'm already having fun imagining what the name of the book would be: Glenn Frey: My Life as an Eagle and Scratch Golfer.

Border Desperado

Me, too. At the end of the Tavis Smiley interview, Glenn talked about his desire to write a book about his life in the Eagles. Sadly, we'll never get to read that book.

Quote Originally Posted by FWIW View Post
    Me, too. At the end of the Tavis Smiley interview, Glenn talked about his desire to write a book about his life in the Eagles. Sadly, we'll never get to read that book.
    Yes that's right - which gives me some hope it could happen - if not - Cindy Frey might consider writing a book but that could/would be a tough trip down memory lane I don't know if that's even realistic given the huge painful loss she and their kids are dealing with.