Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

Default Re: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

I just heard some artists are doing a free concert in LA in honor of Prince. I wish something like that had been done for Glenn - something for the fans.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Final tribute for Glenn. Will there be one and if so, how should it be done?

So do I! That would have been nice and could have happened I think.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well - There was the Troubadour tribute for Glenn, although it wasn't a free concert open to the general public. I haven't done so yet, but I still intend to write a letter to Irving and the remaining band members to urge them to plan and participate in a tribute concert for Glenn.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Joe Walsh:
    The tour is Walsh's first major public trek since Eagles bandmate Glenn Frey's death on Jan. 17 and the band's end in the wake of his passing. Walsh demurs from talking about Frey publicly but he is cooking up a tribute for when the tour stops on June 22 in suburban Detroit, Frey's hometown. "I'm thinking about it now, but I'm going to have a part of the set with a little segment for Glenn, and we'll all be sad together. That's what I have planned," Walsh allows.
    (I know I've posted the same link in three places but I'm so glad to see something from Joe)

Stuck on the Border

Why doesn't he want to talk about Glenn?

It would help me if he did. It would help me if any of them did.

Stuck on the Border

It sounds like Joe did a tribute to Glenn and the Eagles last night with "Take it to the Limit".

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - There was the Troubadour tribute for Glenn, although it wasn't a free concert open to the general public. I haven't done so yet, but I still intend to write a letter to Irving and the remaining band members to urge them to plan and participate in a tribute concert for Glenn.
    I think thats a very good idea and I think we should all do it. Ultimately though I feel that any decision about any of this would probably be Cindy's and she may not yet be in a place where she wants to start engaging with any of the 'ordinary average fans' yet. I'm not dissing her, but I'm just saying that she would have the final say on something like this.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

As for why the guys haven't said a whole lot about Glenn, maybe it's still just too hard for them to talk about. I wouldn't want to get up in front of a lot of people and start crying. Especially men.....just saying. Time will help. When you're as close as these guys were, probably a lot of time.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I agree with Brooke. Its probably just too hard for them to say anything about Glenn. I'm happy that Joe will pay tribute to Glenn in his show. I would love to hear that song he wrote for Glenn's memorial service. He might put that in there. Its probably going to be hard for him to sing some of Glenn's song, but he's going to do fine. We don't know if he will say anything before the songs he paying tribute to Glenn with. We just have to wait and see.

Just that same week of Glenn's death, Joe said he couldn't think of anything to say. Which is understandable. You lost your bandmate and brother that you knew for over 40 years. Maybe down the road he will be able to say something, but right now. Its probably too hard to even say Glenn's name without getting emotional.

Like Brooke said. The guys were close. They were brothers and when you lose your brother, its hard to get over it especially a guy you spend half your life with other than your family.

It was probably hard for Don to talk about Glenn early this month at Runaway Tour thing. I'm glad he will continue with the musical. He was helping Glenn, but now its on him. He could had easily put a stop to it, but he decided to continue. Glenn probably would want him to continue that.

When the time comes, they will say something. Just like some are still grieving Glenn and some are unable to listen to his music or watch his videos. Its just the same with the guys. We can't push them like we can't push each other to get over Glenn's death without getting emotional.

I might get talked about with what I'm about to say, but anyway. I think its wrong to try to push them to say something about Glenn when they are grieving along with us. I'm sorry that's how I feel. When its us, some fans don't want anybody to tell them hurry up and get over it or whatever, but when it comes to the guys we want them to say something right now. Like we are mad at them for not bringing up Glenn. When the time comes, they will say something. Give them time to heal.

I'm just tired of hearing Joe and especially Don getting so much flak(SP?) about not saying something about Glenn or going on with their lives or starting touring so soon after Glenn's death. Don got that soo much of that when he posted his dates, but I never understand why not Joe. But that's another story. I'm all for Joe, Don, and Timothy healing during this time. So if bringing up Glenn is too much, they shouldn't be pushed by anyone. Not by the media and definitely not by fans. They will talk when they are ready. No sooner.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 05-14-2016 at 08:59 AM.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I agree with Brooke and the others too. It does take time when you lost someone that close to you. Plus, Joe did reveal he's writing a memoir so I feel there will be a lot about Glenn in there and what Joe wants to say. It sounds like the expected publication is sometime next year. I also saw in the other threads Joe did perform "Take it to the Limit" last night and it apparently was a tribute to Glenn. Sounds like the Detroit show will have more, but I'm guessing he's going to play that song at all of the concerts.

ETA: I just did a quick Twitter search and some fans that were at Joe's show confirmed he dedicated TITTL to Glenn. And some posts on FB said he showed pictures of him and Glenn together during the song.
    Last edited by buffyfan145; 05-13-2016 at 10:58 AM.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."