Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagles and their pets

Border Desperado

Default Eagles and their pets

I apologize if this thread has already been asked and answered elsewhere. I was just unable to come across it.

I was wondering if you all knew what types of pets all Eagles have owned and which are their favorites. I remember a quote from Glenn in the 80's saying he had a cat and 3 dogs which he adored( who can forget the Siamese in the beginning of "You belong to the city"?), Felder talks about a cocker spaniel he loved as a kid, then the German Shepherd mix he got when first married, and then his Labs and white German Shepherd he had later on. And of course, Randy has his Chihuahuas( which I like but somehow did not picture Randy a Taco Bell man, lol).

Furthermore, what kind of pet/breed/mix can you see them with the most?

Lastly, if all 7 Eagles had to be an animal, which one would you choose?

For the 2nd question I was thinking mostly cats and dogs, but please feel free to use any animal you please.

I was thinking about this cause hubby and I were watching Eagles in concert and Joe kept on making these little naughty, impish faces(not the guitar playing face). My husband even said, " He looks just like Eddie( our Siamese) does before he's about to be naughty! " And he was right! And to answer your last question, no, we weren't smoking any colitas

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles and their pets

Glenn's cat in the 70s was called Charlie, but I hesitate to assume the cat in the YBTTC video was his.

His mother described him in the 1979 cover story as 'a rattlesnake waiting to strike. When you pass by you'd better listen for the rattle'. (paraphrased).

To me he was the band's symbol, an eagle, or any other proud bird of prey.

I'm afraid I know nothing about any other pets, nor do I wish to try & fit the other members with animals.

Border Desperado

Cool, thanks.

I remember reading that rattlesnake comment but I thought could not remember the source. Maybe Felder's book?

I guess I picture people with different pets. Not sure if it's the banjo, but I could totally see Bernie with a Bloodhound or Redbone Coonhound by his side bailing along.

Randy looks so sweet he looks like he's have a pack of Beagles.

Henley, hmmm. First thoughts are a Siberian Husky or a Siamese cat because of the bright baby blues.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by VillageGirl View Post
    Cool, thanks.

I remember reading that rattlesnake comment but I thought could not remember the source. Maybe Felder's book?

I guess I picture people with different pets. Not sure if it's the banjo, but I could totally see Bernie with a Bloodhound or Redbone Coonhound by his side bailing along.

Randy looks so sweet he looks like he's have a pack of Beagles.

Henley, hmmm. First thoughts are a Siberian Husky or a Siamese cat because of the bright baby blues.
    No, sorry, I left out the crucial part. It was in the 1979 Rolling Stone cover story that the 'rattlesnake' description was used.

Well there are photos of Don when he was younger with a dog & there was an interview with him a few years ago and mention was made that they made the trip with the family dog. I also heard him mention something about 'have you ever tried to herd a bunch of cats together'.
    I never saw a mention other than Randy & his Taco Bell dogs but wasn't it during HFO tour that they had a carved german shepard on stage?

They are seldom home for any length of time so how can they take care of pets anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    Well there are photos of Don when he was younger with a dog & there was an interview with him a few years ago and mention was made that they made the trip with the family dog. I also heard him mention something about 'have you ever tried to herd a bunch of cats together'.
    I never saw a mention other than Randy & his Taco Bell dogs but wasn't it during HFO tour that they had a carved german shepard on stage?

They are seldom home for any length of time so how can they take care of pets anyway!
    I'd love to know more about our guys and their pets. It's interesting to me. I hope they've all had the blessing of pets in their lives.

jms, I'm betting their family would help out with the pets, and maybe household staff would, too. My husband traveled extensively for many years in his work, but we still had pets. I just took care of them. As you've so rightly pointed out in another post, our pets are like family to us.
    Last edited by LuvTim; 03-26-2016 at 09:38 PM.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Border Desperado

I know I count my pets as family members. Always have.

The way Glenn described his cat and 3 dogs, you could tell how much he he appreciated them. He said something like they don't expect anything from you, they just love you.

Also, I got the impression from Felder's book that he was really passionate about dogs and seemed like a very good owner. When he was younger e had a cocker spaniel who unfortunately died and he was devastated. Not trying to make light of the situation at all by any means, but in some photos, especially with the long blonde wavy hair and the sad brown eyes, he sort of resembles one. And I mean that as a compliment!

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Randy has a chihuahua named Elsie and also has fish. There's a photo of Elsie with her proud papa in the Meisner Mania photo thread. I don't know how to copy and paste with my phone but it is from August 2015 or thereabouts.
    If Randy had a pack of beagles he would be the perfect man for me (actually, he already is) - they are my favorite doggies.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I agree and love learning about people and their pets too no matter if they're famous or not. I'm a dog lover and it's great seeing others talk about their pets.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Timothy has three insane looking dogs. They are all different and I don't know how to describe them - labradoodle something, mini dachsund-esque, something else.

His late golden retriever, Hobbes, bit a hole in his hand while lunging for banana bread, making TBS unable to play bass with Poco at their Stagecoach reunion.