Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which lost gems would to like to hear/see most?

Stuck on the Border

Default Which lost gems would to like to hear/see most?

Every so often something gets unearthed from an archive. There are others that we know used to exist and hope may appear some day.

Here's my list:

• On Oct 12, 1971, Linda Ronstadt appeared on a tv show, called The Ian Tyson Show. Her backing band, supposedly, was the Eagles. I've read interviews with Linda where she said she suggested they back her while they were getting everything together, so it's plausible.

• Glenn's hometown band, The Mushrooms, appeared on a couple of tv shows. I've seen other acts from one of the shows on youtube so I have hopes that one day someone will come across a tape and say "Isn't that...?"
    • Cameron Crowe spoke about a Glenn Frey/Jomi Mitchell co-write called "When a Bad Boy Meets a Bad Girl in the Night". If only that would turn up in some form!
    • The recordings the band made with Glyn Johns for their third album.

Out on the Border TequilaSunrise82's Avatar

Default Re: Which lost gems would to like to hear/see most?

Great topic! I agree with the above and could probably think of more but what comes to mind right now is something I've searched for to no avail although I do think it was mentioned in another thread somewhere a while back. There is a scene in the first part of HOTE where Glenn is talking about how he and Don first told Linda Ronstadt that they wanted to form their own group and the film shows a young Glenn playing guitar with a pair of red sunglasses on his head and singing something like "you won't be with me someday...smile on, smile on..." Not sure if this exists somewhere in its entirety or if it's just a clip but there is something so beautiful about the way he sings it, it always leaves me wanting to hear more.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I agree with both posts and what's mentioned. There seemed to be a lot of footage from the 70s in the HOTE doc that could be a separate documentary there. I'd also love if someone ever finds whatever Glenn did to get into the Screen Actors Guild Union. I posted before that he became a member in 1969 (from SAG's Twitter's memorial post) and you have to do some sort of acting work to get in which is why I used to think he got in for "Miami Vice", so there is probably a commercial he did as a 20-year-old (unless he was an extra in a film/TV show).
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I hope that all of the bootlegs available become official releases.

I also hope that the solo album that Glenn was nearly finished with is released.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    I hope that all of the bootlegs available become official releases.

I also hope that the solo album that Glenn was nearly finished with is released.
    Bootlegs wouldn't be released officially unless they were of decent quality & then only a selection might be released to avoid duplication.

From what I understood Glenn was writing for hs next album; he had not recorded anything.

It would be far easier just to give us DVDs of LROOE or HOTE. For the life of me I can't understand why this was never done. I also wish there could be a DVD of a solo show.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

"Wait and See" a Randy song recorded with Glyn Johns for the third album

I'd also love to see the band's performances on the Helen Reddy Show

A demo or a rare live version of "King of Hollywood"

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

NMB, I definitely agree about Wait and See, and I'd like to hear any version of Georgia Peach (the lyrics for that from the 1973 show are even harder to make out than Wait and See) too. I really like Wait and See in particular and am curious as to why these two songs fell by the wayside - I believe something similar may have happened to Glenn and J.D.'s 'Bad Man' as I seem to remember hearing that was originally written for the Eagles in the early/mid-1970s, although Randy did later record that himself.

One thing I'd love would be a live album in the vein of Led Zeppelin's 'How The West Was Won'. I'd especially love it if it was taken from the Hotel California tour (maybe including Try and Love Again if remotely possible) - you'd get several of the then-new songs from the HC album together with some great Joe tracks and the magic of Felder/Walsh on guitar for the likes of Outlaw Man and Good Day In Hell. It was an absolutely great time for the band and I feel that such a live album would provide a more authentic Eagles concert experience than the Eagles Live album which mixes together songs from the HC and The Long Run tours. Whether this is feasible, I'm not sure but I'd be extremely interested in a retrospective live release.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MortSahlFan View Post
    A demo or a rare live version of "King of Hollywood"
    Are you familiar with the Long Beach version - one of my favourite live tracks Scroll down & click on the song title.

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/down...aliveaudio.htm

she's the pride of Atlanta
    ain't it understood
    she can do better
    in fact she'll do you good
    she always smiles a lot
    she stays out of reach
    lovin' will sure be fine
    with this Georgia Peach